Linux Systems Engineer
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT?
Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a
difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest
challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers
have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with
an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to
protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t
be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you
join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day
knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most
REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Linux Administrator to provide
mission critical support to our customer. In this role, you
will support the design, development and deployment of products,
tools and capabilities in support of a dynamic customer
enterprise. The Linux Administrator performs System
Administration tasks and coordination requirements on a customer’s
system that supports mission needs. This individual will work
in a team environment and coordinate across teams to effectively
meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing
This program offers growth opportunities across multiple teams
for those who demonstrate a Strong Work Ethic, Great Attitude and
Desire to Learn and Develop Additional Skills.
- Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications
and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate
- Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and
support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform
that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key
- Enforce PKI management using OpenSSL
- Operating and maintaining systems in Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with
- Scripting language experience
Python, and Shell
- Significant experience with RHEL
- Previous experience supporting a DevOps program
- Demonstrated experience with Scripting/Automation
- Extensive troubleshooting issues skills in a growing
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Significant experience developing scripts with Bash, Perl,
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 4-8 years of prior relevant
experience or Masters with less than 4 years of prior relevant
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience using ElasticSearch"
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Linux Systems Engineer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!