Security Systems Engineer
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT?
Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a
difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest
challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers
have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with
an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to
protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t
be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you
join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day
knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most
REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Security Systems Engineer to provide
mission critical system support to our customer. Candidates
should have direct hands on experience with Networking
Administration, Firewalls, Switches, IPS and IDS systems.
Configuring ACLs access control lists, VLAN segmentation, AWS Cloud
environments hardening AMIs in the cloud and on premise
systems. This role will require experience individuals with
the ability to work with setting up and configuring various
security technologies such as Splunk, Syslog, Nessus, Web Inspect,
App Detective, Cisco firewalls, HBSS, PKI in order to build upon
existing capabilities or stand up new capabilities.
Candidates should have the ability to handle multiple system
technologies and adjust to direction from management based on
- This role is responsible for protecting the organization's
information and information systems from unauthorized access, use,
disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection,
recording and destruction.
- Duties include managing and enforcing security strategies and
policies within established guidelines.
- Responsibilities include IT Security Strategy, CyberSecurity,
and Compliance and Risk Management.
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major
tasks or technology assignments.
- 10 years of system admin experience supporting Windows and
Linux operating systems
- 5 years of vulnerability scanning tools in any combination of
Nessus, Web Inspect, App Detective
- At least 2 or more Certification: CISSP, Splunk, Network+,
Security+, OSCP, Windows, Cisco, CEH, Juniper, RHEL
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Requires BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant
experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in
lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Security Systems Engineer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!