Application Systems Engineer (Master) TS/SCI with POLY Required
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE
IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work
made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's
toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence
customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep
pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their
mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who
wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know
once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of
every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the
most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for aa Application Systems
Engineer to directly with Network and System Engineers, Developers,
Scrum Masters and TDOs in a SAFe Agile DevSecOps platform to
provide expertise and administration for various enterprise
applications, including installation, upgrades/patches,
configuration, availability, recoverability, scalability, and
security of new and existing applications
- Contributes in the planning, design, implementation, patching,
and upgrading of enterprise systems.
- Defines, implements and maintains best practices for
applications in the customer enterprise.
- Creates, applies, and oversees application policies and
procedures to ensure high security, availability, and
- Independently coordinates and resolves escalated system and
application issues of enterprise applications.
- Monitors applications and systems to identify and resolve
issues impacting performance and security.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and recommends
performance improvements, future enhancements, and alternative
- Works with internal customers of applications for
implementation, problem resolution, and upgrades.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting to users and
management on the status of technical implementations and
- Performs and/or assists with user account creation and
administration, recommendation and assignment of security roles and
groups, and general administration of user accounts within the
compliance of Information Technology standards.
- Creates, implements, and documents automated processes and
- Creates, assesses, and maintains system documentation including
architecture, processes, data flow, security, etc.
- Provides recommendations for application software technology,
existing and new.
- Provides technical resources for infrastructure, database, and
application development teams.
- Experience with and knowledge of web services, security layers,
cloud and on-premise application administration, backup
administration, disaster recovery, and HA.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, cloud-based solutions, networking
concepts, database concepts - including SQL querying & reporting,
and the installation and configuration of data access technologies
for the server and client.
- Strong change management, documentation, complex problem
solving, and technical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to move between high level architecture
review/design to solution level implementation and be able to
create supporting documentation.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior
relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Application Systems Engineer (Master) TS/SCI with POLY Required, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!