International Accounting Senior Manager
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for an
International Accounting Senior Manager to join our Global
Consolidations & Intercompany team. The ideal candidate will
thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess proven project
management skills. The ideal candidate will also build strong
relationships cross-functionally within the organization and become
a respected business partner. We are looking for a dynamic
leader who can energize and empower their team to reach new
heights. Please note that while telecommute is allowed, you must
live within commuting distance from one of our following offices:
Reston - VA, Oak Ridge - TN, or Tucson - AZ for occasional onsite
- Review International subsidiaries’ general ledger account
balances to ensure completeness and U.S. GAAP compliance.
- Review JE’s and reconciliations related to Canadian entities,
ensuring proper support exists.
- Oversee 3rd party service provider preparation of monthly
international subsidiary trial balances for submission to
- Review financials uploaded to the company’s consolidations
system timely (~8 countries) and note discrepancies within the
countries monthly trend review package.
- Escalate outstanding reconciling items or follow-up questions
- Coordinate and drive resolution of statutory audits for
international entities and branches.
- Review carve-out financial statements prepared by team members
for international tax returns & statutory reporting.
- Prepare functional currency analyses of new subsidiaries for
review by Technical Accounting.
- Ensure compliance with assigned SOX/DFARS internal controls and
respond timely to all audit requests.
- Identify and communicate process improvement and automation
- Be a good people manager by setting clear goals and
expectations, effectively delegating tasks, demonstrating empathy,
and being an advocate for the team’s success.
- Be a respected business partner with line and corporate
functions, such as Project Controllers, FP&A, Procurement, Tax,
Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, Global Mobility and
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 12+ years of Accounting
experience - prior public accounting experience preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective leadership and communication (verbal, written,
presentation) skills, including PowerPoint
- Openness to a flexible work schedule, including ability and
willingness to work during non-business hours to support
international meetings as needed
- Technically savvy with Microsoft Excel, Oracle Analytics Cloud,
and other databases for handling large data sets.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and some knowledge of IFRS and tax
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with
all levels of personnel
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Public accounting experience and active CPA license a plus
- International accounting, or international consolidations
experience with a large public company preferred
- Accounting systems experience including Deltek Costpoint and
Oracle Financial Close & Consolidations Management (FCCM) or One
Stream Consolidations a plus
- Experience developing queries using tools like Oracle Analytics
Cloud (OAC) & Tool for Oracle Application Developers (TOAD), a
- Prior government contracting experience a plus
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , International Accounting Senior Manager, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!