Business Development Operations Analyst - Defense Group
Company: Leidos Holdings Inc.
Posted on: June 5, 2021
The Leidos Defense Group Operations Analyst (OA) will help
develop clear, credible, and compelling value propositions that
will improve internal decisions on key pursuits, and will help
articulate Leidos value in solving our customers' most complex
problems. The analyst will work with an Operations Analyses Leader
to support strategic planning activities that drive Leidos'
opportunities in the Department of Defense (DoD).
Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and
market analysis, threat environment and analysis, competitive
comparisons, market intelligence data, budget analysis, gap
analyses, ConOps, technology trending - all targeted at
articulating, reinforcing and marketing Leidos' Value Proposition.
Additionally, you will be required to support and substantiate the
communication and implementation of the strategy. Collaboration is
critical - you will work closely with Leidos Business Development,
strategy, capture and program execution leaders.
The analyst will help communicate customer hot buttons, metrics
and value creation with the Model based Systems Engineering
functional staff. Work to establish a culture of collaboration and
respect within the Engineering discipline.
This position reports directly to the Vice President (VP) of
Business Development and Strategy (BD&S) for Defense Group.
- Manage work-streams and tasks aligned with Operations Analysis
- Formulate enduring Value Propositions, and help guide Customer
Requirements Interface, and broad integration of OA across
Engineering, Program, and BD functions.
Value Proposition Development:
- Assist with an overall company effort to develop clear,
credible, and compelling value propositions with the goal of
internally improving program/project pursuit decisions and
externally highlight the proposed capability to solve customer
- Support an analytic culture by defining the right problem,
developing compelling value propositions, and assessing the
- Be able to use core analytic tools and techniques, as well as
create new ones when required, to quantify product performance in
relevant customer environments.
- Grow New Business by equipping engineering and business capture
teams with visually and technically accurate operational concept
videos and graphics.
- Simplify complicated engineering concepts into concise two-to
five-minute presentations which summarize and clarify the intended
- Use knowledge and understanding of Campaign, Mission Area,
Engagement, System/Engineering Level, and Physics/Phenomenology OA
tools (standard simulations and models) using Measures of
Effectiveness (MOEs) and Measures of Performance (MOPs) to assess
key Mission Tasks (MTs) and associated Key Performance Parameters
- Identify and use key Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC)
simulations to substantiate the Value Proposition process.
- Leverage previous knowledge of, and experience with, key third
party OA providers to recommend non-organic analysis work, existing
or to be accomplished.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of various alternatives
- Identify and assess capability and technology gaps, and,
opportunities for gap-filling by engaging partners in our
Customer Interface Operations:
- Work closely with customers to discern key customer
requirements and compare them with alternative and /or competitive
- Improve the ability of Program/Technical leads to discuss
capabilities versus cost options with the customer. Assist in the
identification of experiments or demos to validate a requirement is
achievable at low risk.
- Understand customer operational requirements to assess the
impact of cost versus performance trades on operational
- Help shape the requirements. Assist the customer to establish
value of a capability, define future mission requirements, and
level-set budget estimates.
- Aid the Warfighter by accurately visualizing engineered systems
in the battle space and increasing the speed of customer
- Coordinate meetings with customers, clients, teammates, and
third-party OA practitioners to develop market insight on
requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and
customer operations and acquisition trends.
- Use analysis to establish Military Worth, i.e. Does the
capability justify its cost? Are there lower cost alternatives that
provide similar capability? Execute relevant Analysis of
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience or a
Master's Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional
experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of Operations Analysis/Operations Research/Customer
operations and Acquisition / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related
- Capture and pipeline management at a variety of acquisition
- Experience working directly with the Defense Community.
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government
customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use a wide
variety of organic analysis tools such as spreadsheets,
comparisons, visualizations, and assessments
- Also, able to use tools such as Microsoft Office to present
ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship
management to access and use customer strategies, OpCons, ConOps,
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with senior management, technical staff, division
managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Top Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 40,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January
1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos Holdings Inc., Reston , Business Development Operations Analyst - Defense Group, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!