Posted on: June 5, 2021
Cooley is seeking an Investment Analyst to join the investment
arm of the Finance team.
Position Summary: Responsible for supporting management of the
Firm's investment partnerships.
- Manage fund accounting for GC&H Investments, Cooley's
in-house investment fund. Includes daily record-keeping, accounting
transactions and routine data maintenance of investment
- Prepare financial statements, performance reports, and other
content to be used for investor reporting.
- Monitor and establish valuations to the investment
- Maintain and report on tradeable investments.
- Prepare investor cash and stock distributions and capital
- Record and track investment purchases, transfers, and sales in
the accounting system.
- Create and maintain investor fund allocations.
- Prepare and post accounting entries and valuation data to the
- Prepare ongoing reporting and correspondence to investment
members, managing members and firm management.
- Work directly with banks and brokers as needed.
- Daily and monthly work on all bank accounts.
- Prepare annual audit reports and liaise with auditors.
- Assemble of tax schedules, assist in review of K1s, and liaise
with tax accountants.
- Assist with the annual fund raising efforts.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Experience:
- After orientation at Cooley LLP, exhibit proficiency in the
Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other Firm applications,
as well as applications specific to GC&H (Allvue and
- College degree or creditable prior work experience
- 2+ years public accounting, finance or investment
- Working knowledge and understanding of investment transactions
and related terminology.
- CPA or CFA certification.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-up and organizational
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good judgment with strong analytical and interpersonal
- Exceptional integrity and ethics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Strong ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.
Cooley offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits
Keywords: Cooley, Reston , Investment Analyst, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!