Senior Security Operations Center Analyst
Company: NVR, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after
since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we're committed to quality
and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 500,000 new
homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the
homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job
at NVR requires a hard hat. We don't just sell and build new homes;
we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide
mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR's
multi-billion dollar business operations.
As a Senior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, you will
be responsible for analyzing information from designated
information security systems, developing information security
requirements for key areas of the business, and working on assigned
information security tasks with limited supervision. This includes,
but is not limited to, physical security, data security (including
data privacy security), electronic discoveries, network security,
virus related activities, incident response, disaster recovery and
security related audit activities and solutions.
- Operational Security Tasks
- Assisting with the oversight of our Security Operations Center
and related log collection and analysis tools.
- Supporting the creation, documentation, and implementation of
security policies, procedures and practices.
- Conducting proactive research and investigations to identify
threats/vulnerabilities and identify remediation/mitigation
Collaborating and working closely with other IT teams/users to
identify and resolve issues.
- Project-related Security Tasks
Assisting project teams with performing risk and vulnerability
assessments on business processes and infrastructure systems.
Working with appropriate parties to develop appropriate resolution
and/or mitigation plans.
- Incident Response
- Coordinating detection, analysis and remediation activities on
attacks that impact information assets.
Accurately and timely performing electronic discovery activities
including data identification, collection, preservation and
- Audit and Compliance
- Planning and performing security assessments on designated
technologies and systems by using tools and other methods including
- Performing designated verifications, assessments and controls
as required by Audit and the Internal Compliance Process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related
- At least 5 years of experience in an information security
- Demonstrated technical competencies in Operating Systems,
Networking, Security tools, Cloud Services.
- Knowledge of security industry practices and standards
including SANS Top 20 Controls, and NIST.
- Experience with security assessments, incident response
activities and working in environments subject to regulations
(e.g., SOX, Data Privacy) and audit oversight.
- Security-related industry certifications are preferred, but not
required (e.g., CISA, CISSP, GSEC, Security+).
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to
your success and we'll give you the tools and industry knowledge
you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80%
of them promoted from within, so you'll find mentors who can share
their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that
reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our
employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of
our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings
Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10
years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United
States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.
Keywords: NVR, Inc., Reston , Senior Security Operations Center Analyst, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!