Software Engineer - Java
Company: Code 42
Posted on: June 6, 2021
In the race for ideas, we never want our customers to compromise
the speed of innovation nor the safety of their data. Code42
provides protection from Insider Threat by delivering a fast,
simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response.
With our product, security teams easily protect corporate data and
reduce insider risk while fostering an open and collaborative
culture for employees. We are proud our insider threat solution has
been honored with a number of national awards. This includes
Globee, IT World, Black Unicorn and Stevie Awards, as well as Cyber
Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards, Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
and an Info Security PG's Global Excellence Award.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent
and collaborative culture, you want to drive innovation, and
security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who
are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, think creatively
and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and
thrive together. Don't wait. #BeCode42.
Code42 is looking for a Software Engineer, focusing on cloud
application development, to work on the heart of Code42's
market-leading Insider Risk Management platform that helps
world-class organizations protect intellectual property.
As an engineer at Code42 your day to day will include:
- Building and maintaining server applications and AWS native
services that can perform at scale. For example, building services
that collect important security data from millions of
- Debugging production issues across services to ensure
reliability of high-volume data infrastructure.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to
medium-size product features.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Code reviewing your peers work, asking questions, contributing
and accepting feedback.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Helping to estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Learning about new things and sharing that with the team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Typically has a bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years professional experience, or can convincingly
demonstrate this level of skill.
- Experience with Kotlin/Java or similar languages.
- Experience in object-oriented development.
- Experienced with testing frameworks, eg. jUnit, Mockito.
- Is familiar with continuous integration and deployment
- Has a passion for building systems that work well.
- Clearly able to communicate technical ideas to peers in written
and verbal form.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Spring Boot/Spring
- Experience with database technologies (RDS/Postgresql,
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, ECS/Fargate,
- Familiarity with deployment tools like Terraform, Cloud
- Have worked with agile/lean development processes
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional
development, personal development all while learning and living our
Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include
health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, maternity/paternity leave,
generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42
everyone is an owner. We participate in a commission or bonus plans
and all receive stock options. We win together.
Keywords: Code 42, Reston , Software Engineer - Java, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!