Front Desk Agent
Company: HEI Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Ideally located for business or leisure, The Westin Reston
Heights is a blend of comfort and sophistication. Our goal is treat
each and every associate like family. We offer free lunch, free
parking and monthly town halls to show each associate how much we
care and how thankful we are for their hard work. We focus on
growth and development so that you are able to build your career in
hospitality. Apply today to learn more about joining our team! We
value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military
candidates to apply.
Assist guests with arrival and departure from hotel, while
providing positive guests experiences.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere
welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and
understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide
accurate information such as outlet hours and local
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving
information from a computer system, confirming pertinent
information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI
Hotels and Resorts and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate
selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys.
Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome
folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment
center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using
electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance
an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's
checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at
current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house
accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear
communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages
and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small
packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain
satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate
compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop
the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and
extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price
conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations
and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by
using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and college degree
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare
moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and
continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a
moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer
competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross
Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed.
Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to
rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides
a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child
Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our
401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our
'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional
incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: HEI Hotels & Resorts, Reston , Front Desk Agent, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!