Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nations largest minority-owned food
and facilities management company. Our services include
hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus
dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance
management. We are a family-run organization with more than
twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to
provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved
in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast
growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size
over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are
interested in developing their careers to the next level while
joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over
40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year.
Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we
- Purpose Give back to our communitiesCelebrate diversity
- People Do the right thingTreat people the way you want to be
treatedAlways do your bestBe accountable for our actions
- Performance Serve the highest quality foodProvide world-class
serviceMaintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and creative
accounting staff to join our dynamic accounting team.
This person will be responsible as listed below:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying accounts payable daily
entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing
invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying
federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving
purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and
documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos;
issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and
requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing
related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA Accounting
- More than1 year accounting experience required
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Great Plains software experience (Not required)
MUST HAVE STRONG PEOPLE SKILLS AND FABULOUS CLIENT RELATION
You must have tenacity, excellent verbal and written
communication skills, be a self-starter with the ability to work
with little to no direction and take initiative.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
1 year: Accounting
Licenses & Certifications