Lead Business Analyst
Company: The NPD Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best
and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group
provides the world's most successful brands with leading market
research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with
analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while
anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with
innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who
join our team.
Be the first of your friends to declare, "I love where I work!"
and actually mean it. Have fun and work hard with some of the best
and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the
leading market research providers in the world. We offer
competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and
many of the world's largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a
career filled with innovation and opportunity to the
forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family. If you enjoy
working with Big Data to help business solutions, are looking for
challenges and career growth , love analyzing trends and are a
dynamic, passionate and highly motivated individual who's looking
for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known
companies in the world, then this job is for you!
The Lead Business Analyst is a senior-level position that will
work with one or more business units, supporting multiple complex
assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services
that meet company cost, quality and strategic targets. The role
will predominately focus on gathering and analyzing work group
data, defining current processes and requirements, researching best
practices and identifying and documenting process improvements and
This position can be located on the East or West Coast
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze, define and document complex requirements and business
- Develop complex systems specifications, process flow and
- Create complex technical and functional user
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and
solutions to meet desired product needs.
- Follow established business processes, protocols and quality
standards in the development and deployment of complex
- Maintain stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues
to project managers as necessary.
- Develop "trusted advisor" relationship with senior stakeholders
through effective communication and efficient, quality execution on
- Gather business requirements and translate them into user
- Identifies and documents process improvements and functional
specifications based on research of best practices and analysis of
work group data.
- Perform analysis on existing systems; identifying options for
potential solutions and assess for both technical and business
- Work between remote development teams, internal IT and business
to ensure requirements are being met.
- Serve as liaison for the integration and communication among
applications, databases, and technology platforms on a business and
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- All other duties as assigned.
- Stay abreast of new technologies.
- Typical office environment, extended sitting and computer
- 7+ years of experience.
- BS / BA degree in relevant discipline required
- ISEB qualified Business Analyst or an advanced Master's degree
- Strong communication skills that allow for effective
communication across all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and process planning skills
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills.
- Broad understanding of software development methodologies,
platforms, tools and languages
- Experience using a recognized development methodology e.g.,
Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Moderate facilitation skills, ability to facilitate
- Broad technical understanding across various software
development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive
management, customers, etc.
- Written communication skills including process
- Business requirements gathering
- Understanding of the role of BA in the full software
- Experience in gathering business requirements and translating
them into user stories/functional specifications on complex or
- Previous experience of working in an agile environment and
using recognized development methodology e.g., Agile, SCRUM,
- Ability to guide and mentor less-experienced team members.
- Technical skills - data and visual analytics, design,
- Problem solving - set priorities and process management
- Process/planning - perceptive and perseverance
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: The NPD Group, Reston , Lead Business Analyst, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!