Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients
deserve? At Reston Surgery Center we support our colleagues in
their positions. Join our Team as a(an) PACU Nurse and access
programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At Reston Surgery Center we want to ensure we support you
through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our PACU Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a PACU Nurse for our ambulatory surgery center
who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family.
You will ensure safe and effective nursing care rendered
postoperatively until the patient is dismissed from the facility.
With your expertise, our center will continue its' legacy of
employing nurses who contribute to the company's mission and
What you will do in this role:
- Prepare your patients' care area adequately and ensure
necessary equipment and supplies and provided
- You will demonstrate proper airway management techniques
- Monitor your patients according to policy (vital signs,
temperature, cardiac, etc.).
- You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance,
and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
- Perform and document head to toe evaluation of your patients
utilizing an approved scoring system in line with HCA policy and
- Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and
report abnormalities to the surgeon
- Provide a safe and comforting environment for your patients and
- Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting;
preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. *online
certification not acceptable
- ACLS required
- PALS as required by facility
Reston Surgery Center is a leading healthcare provider in
Reston, Virginia. We have provided these services since 2004. Our
facility has six large surgical suites, and specialty procedure
rooms. We perform a broad range of procedures. Our center is AAAHC
accredited. We offer services in gastroenterology, general surgery,
gynecology, ophthalmology, oral, orthopedic, otolaryngology,
plastics, podiatry and urology. We are a member of the HCA
Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we
encourage you to apply for our PACU Nurse opening. Our team will
promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.