Senior Proposal Manager (Remote Position)
Company: Caliburn International
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging
our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have
career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a
unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today!
To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below
to find your next career!
The Senior Proposal Manager reports directly to the Director of
Proposals. The Senior Proposal Manager is responsible for
establishing and managing all phases of the proposal process in
response to commercial and U.S. government solicitations (Requests
for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quote (RFQs), Requests for
Information (RFIs), etc.,). The Senior Proposal Manager's focus is
to develop compliant, comprehensive and compelling submittals.
- Oversee all proposal activities, including directing proposal
personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, and
monitoring the progress of the proposal.
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a
dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines.
- Coordinate, assemble, check and/or schedule administrative
functions in support of the production of assigned proposals.
- Support other Proposal Operations activities (e.g., content
databases, SharePoint library management, and branded process
refinement etc..) as needed
- Provide leadership and management by identifying and training
capture team members and ensure necessary support elements are
Demonstrated experience managing and developing complex,
voluminous proposals for multi-million (100 million plus) dollar
opportunities including all proposal volumes (technical, solution,
cost, and others) in collaboration with the Capture Manager and a
team of experts in diverse areas.
- Communication & Reporting
- Effectively communicate with leadership as required during
reviews and presentations. Interact effectively, both verbally and
in writing, with senior leadership and staff including the senior
executives, capture managers, program/project managers, account
managers, and others throughout the development of the proposal,
both Pre-RFP and Post RFP.
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and
business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and
activities are available to achieve a successful proposal
submission. Provide communication and time management by leading
executive management gate reviews.
- Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional
units, BD personnel, stakeholders, partners, and subject matter
experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall
PROPOSAL METHODOLOGY, STRATEGIES & ACTIVITIES
- Process Leadership/Administration
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from
Pre-Proposal Phase through Post Proposal Phase
- Interact with a broad range of departments to develop
technical, management and pricing strategies.
- Effectively communicate and lead technical experts and proposal
center staff (e.g., desktop publishing, production, graphics) to
achieve the objectives of the proposal effort.
- Manage cross/multiple bid efforts in conjunction depending upon
where the opportunity resides in the acquisition process (time
Demonstrated experience applying the rigor of formal proposal
processes in the development of proposals.
- Proposal Management Activities
- Reviewing Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements and interpret
technical and management requirements of Federal Government
solicitations (e.g., RFPs, RTEPs, RFIs)
- Develop and conduct, structured and organized proposal kick-off
meetings that establishes the plan to develop the proposal and the
responsibilities and expectations of all proposal authors/writers
- Oversee/produce: proposal schedule, outline, compliance matrix,
kick-off, storyboards, mockups, color review in-briefs and
de-briefs, and others.
Graphic Design Management and Conceptualization: Oversee
development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for
- Solution Development
- Integrate the win strategy and solution into a proposal
structured for compliance and ease of evaluation.
- Lead the development of storyboards, proposal mock-ups and
iterations of the proposal through a final version for
Ability to create original content using interview and research
techniques, ability to coach subject matter experts and other
contributors in persuasive writing.
- Oral Presentations
- Experience with traditional video, live orals, and / or
- Coach the selected team in RFP-required oral presentations to
the Government customer through rehearsals and other methods to
ensure the presentation meets timelines specified in the RFP.
- Lead and manage proposal development for video, live orals, and
demonstration proposals and or segments from Pre-Proposal Phase
through Post Proposal Phase, ensure compliance, develop outline and
structure of presentation, and collaborate with team to establish
clear, relevant messages.
Act as a script development and orals coach.
- Work with Pricing Manager to develop competitive price
proposals, BOE's and cost narrative.
- Work with cost estimating team the pricing strategy to provide
alignment to the solution and the optimal cost advantage for the
- Assess Pricing volume compliance.
- Schedule Green Team Review sessions and set specific
Communicate with subcontractor partners to coordinate pricing
data calls and review participation.
- Color Review Process
- Lead the color team reviews to ensure that reviews are
conducted in a repeatable manner adhering to procedures and
- Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g., AMU's, Initial Draft, Red
Team) and make ongoing recommendations to ensure compliance and
increase proposal scorability
- Develop and execute proposal color reviews and/or collaborate
with the assigned color review lead or chair in the conduct of
color reviews that effectively achieve useful, actionable comments
and recommendations from the review teams of the technical,
management, and cost proposals.
Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes,
discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the
requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final
- Compliance & Submission
- Responsible for document desktop publishing that meets
Caliburn's style guide and RFP requirements
- Responsible for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete,
and compliant proposal responses reflect win strategy elements and
align to evaluation factors and criteria.
- Developing and ensuring the timely submission of high quality,
RFP-compliant and compelling proposals that can win in
collaboration with large capture and proposal teams.
- Manage and be accountable for compliance and the timely
submission of the proposal by managing and controlling all proposal
activities against the proposal schedule and the RFP's requirements
within Caliburn's complex business environment.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing large scale U.S.
federal government proposal efforts of $100 million plus in value
and a Master's Degree or Five years of experience managing large
scale proposal efforts of $100 million plus in value and a
Caliburn International is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Caliburn International, Reston , Senior Proposal Manager (Remote Position), Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!