Contracts Specialist DODF3
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a
mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in
McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies' histories of
consistent growth and high performance in the federal services
market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and
Avantus' services and solutions are designed, tailored, and
executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland
Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers
solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project &
Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment,
Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis,
Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions,
Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
Avantus Federal is hiring a Contract Specialist with cradle to
grave acquisition experience to assist senior level government team
with agile procurement solutions and implementing the sponsor's
procurement policy/processes. Candidates must possess an active
TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to be considered for interview.
Position is located in Reston, Virginia.
Our COVID-19 Task Force is taking every measure to protect our
employees during this time. Speak to a recruiter about our telework
- Provide cradle-to-grave contract support, such as preparing
solicitation documentation (pre and post award), reviewing
proposals for compliance, and assisting with negotiating
- Serves as acquisition business advisors to senior leadership,
contracting officers, program managers, and other
- Analyzes project requirement from inception to closeout and
develops solutions to agency's needs.
- Responsible for business improvement services in life cycle
administration and management of contracts, contract negations;
proposal guidance, preparation and management assistance.
- Conducts market analysis and assists in the preparation of pre
and post award documentation.
- Creates purchase justifications, material lifecycle plans,
bills of material, cost estimates, as well as product and service
oriented draft statements of work.
- Provides services to coordinate and support development of
customer needs statements, Requests for Information (RFis) and
Requests for Quotes (RFQs) .
- Coordinates, reviews, and presents vendor responses to RFis,
RFQs and service requests, and acquisition planning.
- Prepares Request for Proposals (RFP)/Invitation for Bids (IFB)
preparation guidance, market research/ analysis, and selection and
administration of terms and conditions.
- Prepares contact awards and modifications for Contracting
- Performs initial cost and price analysis on proposals
- Supports the Contracting Officer (CO) during the source
- Drafts contract negotiation memoranda and contract
modifications for CO.
- Supports the CO in documenting evaluation of performance,
contract termination and contract closeout.
- Creates/Maintains Contract file folders, prepare solicitation
documentation, and review proposals for compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph required
- 8+ years of progressive government contract experience.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense
Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and acquisition
- Active affiliation with acquisition related industry
- Ability to work independently and in a team on very complex
- DAWIA Level II or III Certification; or FAC-C in
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals
solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be
Keywords: Avantus, Reston , Contracts Specialist DODF3, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!