Sales Engineer, Public Sector, Google Cloud
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a
customer-facing or support role.
- Experience working in the Public Sector with national, regional
and/or local agencies.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public
- Advanced degree or education.
- Significant experience in networking (Linux), software-defined
networking, network virtualization/authentication, identity
management, open protocols, application acceleration and load
balancing, DNS, vVPS's and their application to PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience with Virtualization, Networking, and Storage
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or
Big Data technologies and containers.
- Experience with application development technologies,
architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable
and secure distributed systems.
- Ability to define a technical migration roadmap to the
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and
build what's next for their business - all with technology built in
the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability
and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to
applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to
helping our customers - developers, small and large businesses,
educational institutions and government agencies - see the benefits
of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team
in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in
understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future
of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with
customers, employees and partners.
As a Public Sector Sales Engineer, you will work with the Sales
team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help
prospective, existing customers and partners understand the power
of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures
to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure,
platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver
enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's
cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently
and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the
future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud
as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business
- Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify
key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve
- Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure, migration and cloud
modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with
Google's customers, including product and solution briefings,
proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management
to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing
environments, provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap
for cloud migration, application modernization, and identify
applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to prove out
proposed new architectures, develop best practices, and document
key blocking requirements for prioritization with engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related
Keywords: Google Inc., Reston , Sales Engineer, Public Sector, Google Cloud, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!