Jr. Counter-Terrorism Analyst
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Buffalo Group, a Jacobs Company, addresses the convergence
of cyber, secure cloud and data analytics in the Intelligence
Community coupled with our federal defense and civilian sectors to
provide enterprise-level, automated and dynamic cyber defense and
insider threat solutions.
Research and produce all-source terrorism national military
intelligence studies and products. Conduct research and analysis of
all-source data, populate databases and disseminate a broad array
of intelligence products. Produce intelligence products on
terrorist tactics and operational capabilities to include internal
security, organizational facilities, and personalities involved in
terrorism tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) to include
threats, intentions, capabilities, modus operandi, and environment
to support national-level counterterrorism planning and operational
- Produces concise tactical and strategic counter terrorism
assessments for key decision makers using unevaluated
- Utilizes a variety of analytical principles, concepts and
methodologies to produce all-source intelligence products and
target development packages
- Produces all-source intelligence products on transnational
- Provides analysis and research for industry, infrastructure,
technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted
- Prepares assessments of current events based on the
sophisticated collection, research and analysis of
classified/unclassified and open source information.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing
requirements and ensure maximum operations.
- Ability to conduct strategic research to develop innovative
technical and/or analytic solutions to combine political and
military trends/ behaviors with other data sources to support
National Security interests.
- Comfortable briefing senior level managers quickly and
thoroughly with minimal preparation and be able to react to a
highly fluid environment.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of military and regime leadership,
national military strategy, terrorism, strategic doctrine, regional
relations, internal and regional stability and security.
- Analytical experience in the following areas: Strategic
Analysis, Network Development Emerging Threats, Chemical,
Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN), Document and Media
Explotation (DOMEX), and Watchlisting.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, or experience with
standard analytical search engines or public source databases is a
- Bachelor's degree or a Master's Degree and 4 years of
experience. Additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Advanced experience with intelligence tools and databases like
CHROME, M3, TIDE, PALANTIR.
- US government clearance: Active or Current TS w/ a current SCI
with ability to obtain a poly.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and communication skills.
- Physical Requirements:
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
- Work Environment:
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced
and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of
the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with
other members of the staff as well as individuals across the
Company and Customers.
- Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers,
Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a
40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times
and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be
available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available
to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation
- Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and
must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity
and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the
organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized
with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline
requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and
pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle
records check. Must be a US citizen.
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Reston , Jr. Counter-Terrorism Analyst, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!