Leidos is hiring a Scrum Master to support the REACTS program.
This role requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work in a
Government IC environment. The Scrum Master will be responsible for
one or more agile development teams as part of a larger Agile
Release Train (ART) delivering value to the customer using Scaled
Agile Framework (SAFe) as the agile framework. The Scrum Master
helps educate the team in scrum to ensure that the agreed agile
process are being followed. They also help remove impediments and
foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous
flow, and relentless improvement. The Scrum Master ensures the team
commitments at the Program Increment Planning Event (PIPE) are met.
Finally, this role facilitates horizontal communication across team
member to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress
while working mitigation plans as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is making progress against
its Program Increment commitments.
- Protects the team from scope creep during execution of the
- Helps removes impediments for the team and raises larger issues
to the Release Train Engineer.
- Help other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate;
support team in meeting their delivery goals.
- Supports and enforces Scrum process and other rules.
- Helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release
Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
- Works with the Product Owner to review and prioritize
- Leads and facilitates SAFe ceremonies to include sprint
planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, PI planning,
- Work with Product Owner to develop User Stories to meet the
Feature acceptance criteria.
- Supervise others
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of experience. Additional
years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience working as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer or
- Significant experience providing technical/management
leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience leading teams through the delivery of capabilities
(software development or infrastructure modernization) using agile
- Significant experience establishing goals and plans that meet
- Experience supervising others
- Safe Agilist Certification
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development
- Previous software development or infrastructure experience
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 40,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January
1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.