Access Engineering & Operations Team Lead
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for Access
Engineering & Operations Team Lead to join our Enterprise Network
Services team. In this role, you will provide overall engineering
leadership & operational support for a broad range of programs with
a focus in load balancing, remote access, full proxy, and
authentication services. You will support the full system
engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design,
development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation
following defined best practices and operational workflows.
- Lead Tier 3 engineering and Tier 2 operational support teams.
Collaborate with other support teams to document troubleshooting
methods and improve first call resolution capabilities
- Collaborate with business units and other Leidos IT
Architecture & Engineering teams to design, code, and test robust,
scalable access solutions for both on-premises and cloud-based
- Develop, troubleshoot, and maintain complex scripts and
- Develop and maintain process, support and troubleshooting
documentation related to the F5 platform and related services
- Configure, monitor, and maintain redundant Big-IP Viprion & VE
platforms, with a focus on LTM, APM modules.
- Engage vendor support and perform packet captures, web traces
and review logs
- Interface with vendor for license management, annual
maintenance and professional services requirements
- Develop and maintain roadmaps for additional capabilities,
upgrades and lifecycle maintenance
- Ensure continued compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), NIST
800-171, and other regulations
- Manage Engineering and Operations support queues. Ensure team
is meeting SLOs
- Provide input for weekly activity reports, monthly operational
reviews and other data calls as needed
- Maintain and participate in on-call support rotation for major
incidents related to the F5 platform and related services
- Perform Root Cause Analysis when necessary and document results
for senior management
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years’ of relevant experience in
Information Technology and Network Engineering. Additional years of
relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s
- Moderate knowledge of cloud technologies (both public and
private) – AWS, Azure, VMware vSphere.
- Basic knowledge of web application design – HTML5, CSS, XML,
- Scripting or programming background (especially in TCL) –
- Advanced understanding of network and application security
- Authentication protocols and technologies – SAML,
RADIUS, Kerberos, NTLM, PKI, OTP.
- Advanced understanding of Remote access protocols and
technologies – SSLVPN, TLS, DTLS, IPSec.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Linux environment.
- Basic knowledge operating troubleshooting tools – Fiddler,
HTTPWatch, Wireshark, Splunk.
- ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- Experience leading a small to medium sized team, including
personnel decisions, annual reviews & day-to-day operations
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security
- Experience with F5 LTM, APM & VPN deployments in a large
Enterprise or Government environment
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and
- Experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS)
- Current or former Linux certifications – Linux+, LPIC-2, or
- Current or former network certifications – CCNA, F5-CTS or
- Current or former security certifications – CISSP, CISM, CEH,
GIAC or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Access Engineering & Operations Team Lead, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!