Systems Engineer - OPS
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The OPS Systems Engineer will provide mission critical support
to our customer. In this role, you will support the design,
development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities in
support of a dynamic customer enterprise. The Systems
Engineer will provide engineering and administration tasks along
with coordinating requirements on the customer’s system that
supports mission needs. This individual will work in a team
environment and coordinate across teams to effectively meet design,
development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
- Senior-level Application and Network Trouble-shooting skills -
Duties include examining highly complex customer problems and
suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to
initiate a repair or return.
- Providing Problem Management Support - This role analyzes
recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing
re-occurrence. In addition, responsible for developing and
applying in-depth understanding towards solutions of technical
issues and problems that are undefined and complex.
- Senior-level Systems Administration skills - Individuals in
this role may be required to remotely log into the end users'
endpoint (desktops and/or servers with Windows or Linux OS) in
order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and
other remedial actions.
- Providing Incident Management Support - Issues are complex in
nature, team members respond to and address customer technical
challenges through the diagnosis, analysis, application, and
monitoring of complex solutions across multiple technical platforms
that span organizational structures and classification levels.
- Providing Software and Hardware Maintenance Support - This role
is also responsible for installation, configuration,
administration, support and maintenance of systems, including
- Providing Operations and Sustainment Support - Duties may
include updating to new systems, as well as support on current
systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and
implementing critical system patches.
- Account Management – Utilize application/system tools to
validate customer credentials and to grant system/application
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple
- Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the
achievement of sub-family results.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems
that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- May communicate with parties external to the organization
(e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution
design, process and/or approaches.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced
technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Significant experience with Active Directory and DNS
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- Significant experience of LINUX or equivalent system
- Significant experience of application troubleshooting
- Significant experience of Network trouble-shooting
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key
tasks and high impact assignments.
- Significant experience planning and leading major technology
- Significant experience evaluating performance results and
recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service
inquiries and problems.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant
experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services and the
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Operating and maintaining systems in
Candidate must be US Citizen.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Systems Engineer - OPS, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!