Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Company: Engility Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
SAIC is looking for an onsite senior-level Information Systems
Security Officer (ISSO) to support a stand-alone closed
environment. The ISSO assists the ISSM (Information Systems
Security Manager) and technical support, on IT and information
system security issues affecting the mission of the customer by
implementing security controls on the information system.
Supporting best security practices, policies and technologies in
accordance to DoD/DISA/DCSA policy guidance. The ISSO is
responsible for successful reviews, audits and vulnerability
reports of the Information System.
Must have demonstrated ability as an ISSO:
- Understanding security best practices in a DevOps
- Familiar with Windows and LINUX command-line level activities
to configure, troubleshoot, and analyze.
- Hands on experience with command line interface Windows/LINUX
- Knowledge and experience of Enterprise network and cloud based
- Perform periodic reviews of technical security assessments,
vulnerability management and remediation, familiarization with
tools such as SCAP Tools, ACAS, STIGs, SRGs, Fortify, McAfee, Aqua,
NexusIQ, and Splunk
- Configure Fortify scans and interpret scan reports.
- Experience working with DoD classified IT system security
configuration and processes.
- Execute data transfers between disconnected information
- Provide security design guidance and analysis to the project
team throughout the RMF process.
- Collaborate with the System Administrators in the design,
build, and test of systems.
- Work in coordination with SA to support software/firmware
updates/version release/security patches and respond to security
- Collaborate with the SAs to ensure CCB changes are implemented,
tested, and validated.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science,
information systems, engineering or other related discipline, plus
5-8 years of security and system administration experience.
- DoD8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT)
Level 2 or higher is required with valid Security CE
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and
implementation of SOPs.
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, quick learner,
organized, critical thinking and detail oriented.
- Must be a great communicator (written and verbal) with the
ability to work independently and within a group
- Active SECRET Clearance with ability to obtain TS
Keywords: Engility Corporation, Reston , Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!