Senior Security Engineer
Company: ComScore Networks
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Senior Security Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
The Senior Security Engineer plays a strategic role in defining
and implementing the organization's security strategy,
architecture, and practices. The security engineer will collaborate
with a diverse set of stakeholders, including Engineering, DevOps,
Infrastructure Engineering, Security, Compliance, Privacy and Data
Governance. The senior security engineer will be required to
effectively translate business objectives and risk management
strategies into specific security processes enabled by security
technologies and services.
What You'll Do:
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement security
solutions, standards, and best practices to protect Comscore's
business from potential threats.
- Conduct security risk assessments of cloud and internal
systems, applications, and IT infrastructure as part of the overall
risk management practice of the organization.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and other security reviews of
systems, and prioritize remediation based on the risk profile of
- Review and assess security and infrastructure logs for
indicators of compromise (IOCs) or other anomalous behavior within
networks, applications, or users.
- Conduct code reviews to determine security flaws or other
issues that would impact the confidentiality, integrity, or
availability of systems.
- Coordinate with DevOps teams to educate on and advocate for
secure coding practices.
- Support the testing, validation, and improvements of internal
- Assist with penetration testing and other "red" team
- Develop recommendations and standard to protect cloud
environments. Conduct periodic audits.
- Establish incident response playbooks and procedures.
- Monitor security vulnerability information from vendors and
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in security, software engineering,
information systems, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years IT security, DevOps, and/or network security
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk
assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management,
incident response, and identity and access management
- Knowledge of security-related solutions, such as
Next-Generation Firewall, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR),
Intrusion Detection/Prevention (IDS/IPS), Security Incident and
Event Management (SIEM), Web Application Firewall (WAF), Denial of
Service (DOS), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Cloud Security Access
Broker (CASB), Data Encryption, Application Security Testing (DAST,
SAST, OSA), Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Proficiency in AWS architecture and CLI. At least two years of
experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python, Perl, Powershell,
- Proficiency in API integration or development is a plus
- Experience in pentesting and application security testing
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including application
delivery controllers, load balancers, routers, switches, firewalls,
and associated network concepts and protocols.
- Experience with common information security management
frameworks, such as ISO 27002 and National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NIST) frameworks.
- Experience with Dev Sec Ops practices is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage
expectations, provide a superior customer/client experience and
build long-term relationships.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Industry Certifications (e.g. CISSP)
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media
measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to
make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people
who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients
& partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by
our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity,
Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're
motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the
largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the
future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning,
transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data
footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and
theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights,
Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their
multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A
proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and
advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging,
third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform
measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify.
Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after
Keywords: ComScore Networks, Reston , Senior Security Engineer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!