Principal Service Engineer Manager CTJ
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
M365 is the world's leading productivity service, entrusted by
hundreds of millions of users and customers worldwide, and is the
largest revenue generator for Microsoft. A part of what makes this
service successful is high service availability, while ensuring our
customers are delighted with the service. At the core of it, this
is what we are passionate about - delivering a highly available
service with high customer satisfaction.
The Service Engineering role specializes in troubleshooting and
finding ways to minimize impact detection and service downtime. You
will be working across the full suite of M365 service offerings to
ensure stability and reliability. We expect that you will master a
wide variety of the latest technologies and tools quickly. This
role will require managing a team of Service Engineers that are
working a 4x10 shift schedule to cover a 24x7x365 (First, Second,
Third shift roles) rotation.
This position requires an active US Top Secret clearance with a
favorably adjudicated polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Solid communication skills
- Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills with demonstrated
- Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming
languages and/or scripting languages - C++, C#, Java, PowerShell,
- A strong customer focus, with an ability to make critical
decisions independently in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Loves to work and encourage a diverse and inclusive
- Proven track record of improving reliability, availability and
performance of cloud services
- Experience providing support in mission-critical, 24x7
- Experience working on enterprise scale diagnostics tooling and
- Strong knowledge of engineering methodologies including agile
development and Sprint planning
- Experience using IT diagnostic tools and programs
- Excellence in written and verbal communication and ability to
partner for success across all levels of organization and technical
- Current software development expertise in multiple programming
languages (C#, C++, Python, Java, et al)
- Technical understanding of Office 365 and Exchange
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top
Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information
(SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with
Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government
security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure
to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance
and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment
action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful
verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal
government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide
clearance verification information prior to an offer of
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Lead and mentor a team of service engineers, providing
technical and career coaching to help them grow their skills and
- Recruit, onboard, and grow a team of service engineers
operating a 24x7x365 schedule.
- Identify opportunities and take ownership for automation and/or
continuous improvement of Incident Management process and best
- Partner with PM and Engineering teams within and outside the
organization to innovate and mature the platform to drive systemic
and scalable enhancements.
- Manage high impacting situations that involve technically
challenging issues across diverse audiences.
- Uphold high organizational standard of great employee and team
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Reston , Principal Service Engineer Manager CTJ, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!