Company: Virtual, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
WANTED: An enthusiastic Event Coordinator who can implement
effective solutions to create spectacular experiences, both online
and in-person, for our local, national and international clients!
Are you ready to join the team?
The Event Coordinator assists with the coordination and
preparation of event logistics for assigned clients. This position
works closely with the Events team and other Virtual staff to
ensure the successful implementation of assigned client event
We're committed to DRIVING CLIENT SUCCESS to enable our clients
to make their mark on the world. Here's how you will help us do
- Coordinate event cancellation insurance on behalf of the client
- Coordinate the set-up of online meeting registration
systems/sites; create and send registration reports and provide to
client on a regular basis.
- Coordinate scheduling and attend both internal and external
event-specific conference calls and meetings, records notes and
action items, etc. as applicable.
- Work with client to coordinate set-up and updates of event
- Create post-conference reports for clients
We seek to provide EXCELLENCE EVERYWHERE through proven best
practices, efficiency, and continuous improvement. Your role in
that will be to:
- Plan, manage and implement webinars from start to finish
including creating Zoom webinars, adjusting presentation settings,
creating run of show document, coordinating and leading speaker
rehearsals, collecting and sharing slides, etc.
- Plan and implement logistics of in-person meetings,
conferences, events, trade shows and training courses, including:
venue selection, food and beverage planning, A/V planning, room
blocks, registration, sponsorship and coordination of marketing
materials and communications.
- Draft timelines, budgets, complete meeting plans, sponsorship
prospectuses, tracking documents, and other event related
- Work with vendors to coordinate catering, audio/visual,
signage, promotional items, entertainment, photography, travel,
hotel accommodations, etc. to ensure high quality events that
remain within the set budget.
- Work with event sponsors to ensure benefits are properly
received and executed.
- Communicate with speakers on event details, bios, photos,
abstracts, etc. for online and in-person events
- Support meetings with clients and organizing committees to plan
scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, and
to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Assist with the management of event budgets.
- Assist with development of event related marketing materials
and conference web sites.
- Travel onsite to events as needed to support event
- Review event-related invoices for accuracy and send for
- Coordinate the purchase of event supplies and packing of
shipments to events.
- Provide administrative support to the Events team; manage other
projects as needed.
We all have a hand in creating a COMPANY WE LOVE by LEADING
THROUGH OUR VALUES and fostering a culture that empowers and
rewards its employees. You will:
- Represent Virtual's core values of innovation, service
excellence, empowerment, respect, teamwork, generosity, fun and
- Exemplify our servant leadership philosophy every day by
building trust, serving first, and acting as one team.
- Actively participate in company-sponsored committees, events
and initiatives geared toward engagement, development, and
As our next Event Coordinator, you will bring:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree with a concentration in
hospitality management preferred; prior internships in
events/hospitality industry preferred;
- 1 year direct experience in events/hospitality industry
- Must be detail-oriented, with effective organizational and
project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple
projects/tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced,
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work well under
pressure, work independently with limited supervision and have
solid problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills;
- Excellent customer-service and interpersonal skills;
- Solid writing and editing skills;
- High level of creativity and "rolled up sleeves" working
- Flexibility to work independently and as a team player with
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and
internationally as needed;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite programs;
- Ability to learn new technology platforms and tools quickly,
such as Cvent, CrowdCompass, Wrike, etc. as needed.
About Virtual Inc:
Our Virtual Team is made up of passionate professionals who
understand the needs of associations, standards organizations,
consortia, startup advocacy groups, and professional societies. The
expertise within the Virtual team enables our clients to achieve
their goals andmake a mark on the world. Virtual's global clients
include organizations led by Google, Facebook, Microsoft and more.
We also service organizations that are tackling some of the biggest
challenges in the world today, from eating disorders, to space
travel to noise pollution.
Headquartered in Wakefield, MA with offices in Nashville, TN and
Reston, VA, Virtual also brings together a remote workforce from
all over the US. Founded in 1999, Virtual's innovative and
inclusive culture is the driving force behind our success and
We are proud to be recognized in the Best Places to Work list,
twice! Living our values on a day-to-day basis is real. Not just a
poster on the wall.Virtual's core values include trust, respect,
innovation, service excellence, empowerment, teamwork, generosity,
Keywords: Virtual, Inc., Reston , Event Coordinator, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!