Proposal Manager (Government Contractor)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Proposal Manager reports to Xator's Business Development
Vice President or his/her designee. As a member of the proposal
team, you facilitate the proposal process for capturing new
business. You work with business unit leads and business
development personnel to capture and evaluate proposal
requirements, create project timelines and outlines, collaborate
with project team members to draft proposal content and put the
finishing touches on a winning proposal - all while managing tight
timelines, proposal resources, and quality of work. Acting as the
administrator of proposals, you are the leader of the project team.
Your in-depth knowledge of proposal development and RFPs, attention
to detail, and ability to juggle multiple demands are essential for
success in this role.
In addition to traditional proposal management activities, the
Proposal Manager may actively support proposal development
activities, like collecting, formatting, and updating past
performance citations; collecting, formatting, and updating
resumes; collecting, storing, and preparing data calls for use in
the proposal; compiling and integrating components of the proposal
response; performing desktop publishing and other related tasks to
ready the proposal for color team review and submission; producing
proposal content in electronic and hard copy forms; and supporting
any/all other tasks associated with developing a winning proposal.
In this role, you will also proofread technical documents across
various industry sectors to reconcile revisions. You will be
expected to read entire documents for correct grammar, use of
appropriate proposal language, consistent presentation of
names/acronyms, and to verify formatting.
Ideal candidates for this position will have extensive
experience responding to government sources sought documents and
requests for information (RFIs), quotes (RFQs), and proposals
(RFPs). This position interacts with Business Unit, Business
Development, Capture, and Proposal teams, and works closely with
graphic designers, technical subject matter experts, and others to
ensure the delivery of a high-quality and timely final output.
The person in this position is required to meet tight deadlines
as well as work extra hours as necessary during busy periods. This
position requires travel, which should not exceed 25%.
Additionally, a SECRET clearance is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support, as required, during all stages of
capture/proposal development processes, from opportunity
identification through submission. Provides guidance and expertise
to subject matter experts (SMEs) and proposal team members on
various proposal sections, to include technical responses,
management plans, executive summaries, past performances, and
- Performs detailed analysis of RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements and
contributes to the identification and/or creation of win
strategies, proposal themes, differentiators, and associated value
- Develops compliance matrices, annotated proposal outlines, and
provides guidance on suggested content
- Creates and/or edits task order, market survey, sources sought
notices, and request for information responses.
- Develops and adheres to company style guide(s) and reinforces
use of such style guides by proposal authors / contributors.
- Researches, prepares, and edits documents; formats and proofs
submissions from multiple authors/reviewers for a consistent and
professional response; deciphers and eliminates redundant
- Performs substantive reviews of proposal document, provides
edits/comments based on requirements and win strategies prior to
color team reviews.
- Plans, prepares for, and initiates recovery after color team
- Ensures accuracy of the proposal core data/information on
templates and checks drafts throughout the proposal process,
especially following document recovery from color team reviews and
before final editing.
- Interfaces with writers, illustrators, word processors, and
subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing capture/proposal
documentation. Coordinates data calls with subcontractors and
related proposal support organizations/personnel.
- Acts as the primary technical editor on proposal deliverables,
when requested. Reviews all communication for grammar, formatting,
- Manages response accuracy by working with technical staff and
management personnel. Constantly improves quality of deliverable
and efficiency of the response process.
- Works with graphic designers to develop proposal covers and
bindings that fit binder sizes required for multi-volume proposal
- Supports coordinating logistics and producing materials needed
for review sessions and meetings related to the proposal life cycle
- Produces proposal documents and coordinates submission.
- Serves as the scribe for working group sessions and major
proposal meetings, recording topics, action items and
responsibilities and getting the information distributed to the
attendees in a timely manner following the session/meeting.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and ability to
quickly learn software application packages used by the various
- 5+ years desktop publishing experience in Government proposal
- 3+ years proposal production experience
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet
extremely aggressive deadlines and production schedules
- Ability to work effectively (adaptable and flexible) in a
fast-paced corporate environment, sometimes with minimal specific
guidance and/or technical information
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with internal and external SMEs and apply
professional SME interviewing techniques. Ability to understand how
factors gleaned from research and information provided by SMEs
relate to customer requirements, typically in relation to new
contract or task order pursuits.
- Demonstrated experience completing projects in accordance with
project plans and schedules
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a cross-functional
team - acting as the proposal lead with superior analytical and
effective decision-making skills
- Qualified candidates may be subject to a security investigation
and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified
information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
- Secret Clearance is Required
Keywords: Xator, Reston , Proposal Manager (Government Contractor), Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!