Senior Data Scientist
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you a highly capable, motivated Data Scientist with
experience in leveraging machine learning technologies to derive
insights from big data? Join us at Microsoft in building best in
class data solutions to help fight cybercrime and promote customer
trust in Microsoft products and services.
Earning -- and keeping -- the trust of our customers has never
been more important as Microsoft works to empower every person and
every organization on the planet to achieve more. The mission of
Customer Security & Trust (CST) is delivering security capabilities
and solutions to protect our customers and promote global trust in
Microsoft. Customer Security & Trust Engineering (CST-E) is
comprised of 6 teams with over 100 FTEs and vendors delivering
engineering solutions to proactively fight cybercrime in support of
Microsoft's Digital Crimes Unit (DCU), support law enforcement
through enabling Microsoft's response to over 60,000 subpoena and
warrant requests per year, lead corporate-wide security development
lifecycle governance, provides tools and evidence for customers to
trust Microsoft products and services while ensuring cultural
relevance, and providing thought leadership for securing the use of
technologies such as Open Source Software, Machine Learning, and
CST-E is going through an organizational transformation under
the leadership of General Manager, Valecia Maclin, and has an
immediate opening for a Senior Data Scientist who will operate as
an organization-wide asset. In this role, you will work across
CST-E and in collaboration with partner CST teams and Microsoft
Engineering Groups to ensure our end-to-end solution delivery is
done with a focus on stakeholder priorities, timeliness, and
excellence, while supporting the advocacy of our commitment to a
diverse and inclusive culture.
In this role, you will be an influencer and contributor across
our entire technology team.
- Master's degree or higher in Data Science, Computer Science,
Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent quantitative
- 5+ years of industry experience working with live data (data
cleaning, data visualization and modeling) and building machine
- 3+ years of industry experience with algorithm design and
programming skills in at least one statistical computing language
such as Python, R, or Scala in a distributed computing
- Passion for solving interesting and meaningful real-world
problems using principled techniques and practices.
- Be self-driven and show the ability to work with cross
functional teams to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete
or dirty data.
- Experience documenting, synthesizing, and communicating results
at all levels of the organization.
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Hands-on experience with deep learning technologies.
- Domain knowledge in fraud and security.
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning tools and
- Advanced data visualization experience is a plus.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of
US Citizenship to meet federal government security
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Identify and understand key business challenges and
opportunities, formulate the machine learning problem, and build
- Develop state of the art algorithms using machine learning,
statistical and optimization methods to power various aspects of
highly complex business models.
- Collect and manipulate large volumes of data; build new and
improved techniques and/or solutions for data collection,
management, and usage.
- Collaborate extensively with partners, operations, program &
product management, and engineering team to ensure that solutions
meet business needs, lead to valid inferences, and have functional
- Automate and/or streamline repetitive processes to improve
individual and team productivity.
- Communicate results in a clean and simple way to all levels of
the company (field teams up to senior management).
- Develop deep domain knowledge and data fluency to drive
insights into creating new solutions to detect and correlate
activities by bad actors.
- Build and deploy visualizations that deliver insights to our
senior decision makers.
- Mentor others and stay current with advances in the
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Reston , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!