Service Engineer II - CTJ
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Azure Storage is looking for an individual that can be a
technical leader within a service engineering team. We are looking
for a Service Engineer who will help build and run the next
generation of our service. The LANE team is part of the larger
Azure Storage group and is responsible for providing infrastructure
and application services to internal users in a secure environment.
LANE is responsible for the implementation and management of a wide
variety of services providing a secure workspace for employees who
support a secure computing environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical, organizational,
and communication skills, a passion for customer service and be
able to quickly trouble shoot and resolve issues. The candidate
must be self-motivated, able to prioritize work quickly and
appropriately in an ambiguous environment.
- 5+ years' experience as a System Administrator providing
support for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems
including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem
- 3+ years Demonstrated experience in advanced administration of
Windows-based server systems, to include Active Directory.
- 3+ years Troubleshooting systems that interface with Active
Directory, providing support in an enterprise level, globally
- 3+ years authoring scripts to manage/automate tasks related to
Windows platforms, preferably with PowerShell.
- Strong organization and communication skills, both written and
verbal, work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of network operation and troubleshooting, as well
as use of associated tools.
- Aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritizing rapidly changing task
- Knowledge of government system security requirements and
- Familiarity with System Center suite, including Configuration
Manager and Operations Manager.
- Familiarity with basic SQL server administration.
- Familiarity with Exchange 2019 administration
- Familiarity with SharePoint 2019 administration
Security Clearance Requirements:
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or
government security screening requirements are required for this
role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the
following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required
to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and
every two years thereafter.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to
TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to
upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require
candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of
US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Provide support for the implementation and maintenance of IT
systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem
- Provide support to include phone, email and in person contact,
effectively communicating (verbal and written) in a professional
manner with technical and non-technical personnel
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure
hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories,
- Install and update security patches on the operational and
development system, maintaining security posture of systems in
accordance with customer compliance, with documentation of
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
coordinating with other teams as needed.
- Maintain and create system documentation, tunes system
performance, install system-wide software, and allocate mass
- Develop and monitor standards for allocation related to the use
of computing resources.
- Resolve configuration and or logistical issues using technical
- Repair and recover from system failures. Coordinates and
communicates with impacted constituencies
- Research and recommend innovative, automated approaches for
system administration tasks
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Reston , Service Engineer II - CTJ, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!