Human Resources Business Partner
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Human Resources Business Partner
Job ID: 2021-1169
# of Openings: 1
Category: Human Resources
General Dynamics is a market leader in business aviation; land
and expeditionary combat systems, armaments and munitions;
shipbuilding and marine systems; and information systems and
technologies. With over 100,000 employees in 71 countries, we
operate globally through five business groups: Aerospace, Combat
Systems, Marine Systems, and Technologies.
As a Corporate Headquarters employee, working in Reston,
Virginia, you will gain a broad understanding of the General
Dynamics' portfolio; work with accomplished professionals; enjoy a
work-life balance, and grow your career while your leadership
invests in your continued professional success.
General Dynamics is committed to helping our employees and their
families lead healthy, productive lives. General Dynamics offers a
wide array of plans in its flexible benefits program with options
to help our employees succeed at work and at home.
We proudly support a culture of inclusion that encourages a work
environment that honors diverse opinions.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented
As the Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) Human Resource Business
Partner (HRBP) reporting to the Manager of Community Engagement &
Employee Communications Manager, you will provide HR support to CHQ
employees and oversee community relations and employee
communications efforts while focusing on continuous improvement,
implementing best practices and delivering excellence to CHQ
employees and the communities in which we live and work.
In this role, you will work closely with and support the
Director of Ethics, HR and Privacy in the implementation of HR,
Talent Management, and Community Engagement strategies and
initiatives, which includes but is not limited to the
- Administer, develop, implement, provide guidance on, and
partner with employees and management to communicate various HR
policies, procedures, and programs, including talent management
initiatives and development strategies.
- Lead various community and employee engagement initiatives that
support the CHQ Servant Leadership Framework and Corporate
Contributions guiding principles. Offer solutions and identify
initiatives that improve the community and employee engagement
- Support corporate contributions program by responding to and
fulfilling sponsorship requests. Evaluate current and seek out
potential community partners. Act as a liaison between internal and
external customers and community partners as appropriate to various
community engagement and talent management initiatives.
- Prepare, analyze, reconcile, and evaluate trends of
contributions reports (i.e., budget, history, and audit) on a
regular basis, summarizing findings and making recommendations as
appropriate. Respond to corporate contributions program internal
and external audit requests to include submitting required data and
reports in a timely manner.
- Lead and support various HR projects and/or special company
projects, including developing, maintaining, and coordinating
employee development and recognition/ service programs.
- Identify, deploy, support, and enhance new functionality with
CHQ HRIS, including maintaining, HR documentation, employee
personnel files, and employee directory.
- Work as subject matter expert in various areas of HR and cross
train with other team members in order to gain well rounded
experience across all HR discipline. Respond to HR-related
inquiries, questions, and concerns from employees.
- Recruit and on-board new hires and provide back-up support, as
necessary, for employee relations and retention, ethics,
performance management, and training & development functions as
well as assist with employee termination and resignation processes,
including documentation and exit interviews.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment
and benefits laws and regulations, including documentation and
related processes and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Training Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or a related
field or equivalent education, training, and experience
- Seven year's of experience in progressively responsible Human
- Experience in managing projects from initiation to close
Other Requirements & Skills:
- Knowledge and interest in broader talent management practices
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office Suite including
PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong technical skills to include human resources systems
- Ability to manage and track budgets and analyze data to
identify trends for potential improvement or best practices
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work, engage, and resolve conflict
positively with people at all levels, including corporate
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done and adapt
quickly to changes in scope and expectations
- Must be able to work with little direction and handle multiple
tasks successfully and simultaneously
- Detail and results-oriented
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by start date unless medical
or religious exceptions apply
Keywords: General Dynamics, Reston , Human Resources Business Partner, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!