Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!!
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA
Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose
and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an)
Sterile Processing Tech today with Reston Surgery Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At Reston Surgery Center, we offer eligible colleagues
an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing,
dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Sterile Processing Tech. We care for
our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues
donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Sterile Processing Tech, under the direction of a
Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company's mission and
vision by assisting with the care of patients through providing
properly cleaned, sterilized and highly disinfected instruments and
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness and
sterilization of instruments and equipment
- Demonstrate awareness of appropriate sterilization methods
needed for different instruments in accordance with manufacturer
- Demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and
sterilization of endoscopy equipment
- Monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles and
report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or
- Maintain accurate records for PM's for equipment and report any
deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse
- Test operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to
reprocessing and report problems to OR Coordinator or Nurse
- Monitor all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to
releasing for use
- Perform required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART,
Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test
Strips Qualifications you will need: Training in basic aseptic
technique and sterile processing One year experience in surgical
instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or
ambulatory surgery center environment Valid BCLS Certification upon
employment*online certification not acceptable Certification in
Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory
Reston Surgery Center is a leading healthcare provider in
Reston, Virginia. We have provided these services since 2004. Our
facility has six large surgical suites, and specialty procedure
rooms. We perform a broad range of procedures. Our center is AAAHC
accredited. We offer services in gastroenterology, general surgery,
gynecology, ophthalmology, oral, orthopedic, otolaryngology,
plastics, podiatry and urology. We are a member of the HCA
Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Sterile
Processing Tech opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.