Jacobs is seeking a RMF (Risk Management Framework) Sub Lead -
Senior Security Specialist in Reston, VA.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of RMF team engineers (5-8)
- Coordinate with government stakeholders such as ISSO and system
owners on RMF work and ATO packages.
- Ensure that work tasks are prioritized, and government
stakeholders are receiving the timely support that they
- Coordinate and communicate dependencies between government and
contractor stakeholders to ensure RMF packages are submitted to
enable ISSO approval prior to ATO expiration.
- Consulting with government personnel and contractors daily
- Developing solutions and presenting recommendations to
- Responding to inquiries for assistance for ATO packages and
timelines for risk management and system development lifecycle
- Respond to internal and external data calls
- Respond to multiple monthly contract task area reporting
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security
- US Citizenship required.
- 5 years of technical experience in cybersecurity
- 5 years of experience with certification and accreditation
(C&A) or A&A
- 5 years of experience as a security control assessor or
- 5 years of experience with maintaining IT security policies,
processes, and guidance
- 5 years of experience with developing guidelines, policies, and
procedures supporting a cybersecurity program
- Experience with applying the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Experience with Federal Risk and Authorization Management
- Experience with NIST special publications (SPs) regarding the
SA process, including SP 800-53, SP 800-137, SP 800-171, and SP
- Experience with developing and managing continuous monitoring
and plans of action and milestones (POA&M)
- Experience with assessing systems and applications deployed in
cloud environments following federal, healthcare industry, and
broader cybersecurity community guidelines and best practices
- Supporting the implementation of comprehensive security
controls consistent with risk
- Ability to work with collateral engineers, analysts and
managers on related programs
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
coordinating and ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Able to communicate effectively through written and verbal
means to co-workers and senior leadership
RMF Team Lead - Senior Security Specialist Lead Certification
- CISSP - preferred, but not required. Needs to commit to
achieving in 12-months.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
This positions has the opportunity to get a Public Trust or
higher clearance (US Citizenship is required as a result). We are
unable to provide sponsorship now or in the future for C2C, H1B,
EAD, OPT, and F1 status.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced
and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of
the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with
other members of the staff as well as individuals across the
Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers,
Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a
40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times
and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be
available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available
to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must
not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put
forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the
organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized
with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline
requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and
pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle
records check. Must be a US citizen.