Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative
solutions in support of customer mission success. Novetta is
committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive workplace culture,
embracing our differences and perspectives to build a stronger,
more successful company.
Novetta is seeking a talented Data Programmer/Analyst to join
our CloudTracker product team. The ideal candidate will have
experience using programming languages like Python to manipulate,
query, and analyze large, highly structured datasets using a
variety of techniques and technologies. You will be become a
subject matter expert, identifying online and off-line methods and
models for working with specific datasets. You will be responsible
for the design, implementation, construction, execution, and
optimization of these methods/models.
In this role, you'll work alongside other smart,
highly-motivated people building a modern, cloud-native web
application on AWS and Azure. We use Agile Scrum, and release
working software at the end of each two-week sprint using CI/CD
with Jenkins. We follow engineering best practices to design /
mock, spec, build, test, and publish quality capabilities.
- Work with the business analyst and other team members to
understand project objectives; analyzes and proposes related work
- Assist with the design, implementation, and integration of
software applications with database engines, data structures and
- Decompose work into executable tasks that are achievable within
a two week sprint
- Design, develop, and optimize data processing, query and
analysis workloads over large datasets (on-line/off-line
techniques, caching, machine learning, etc)
- Devise techniques for optimizing large datasets for
near-real-time access by end-users
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with data models, queries and
- Apply industry standards and engineering best practices that
are appropriate for building/delivering production-grade
- Ensure efficient delivery of engineering capabilities using
- Identify and mitigate risks that are associated with overall
system performance, and delivery of production-grade systems
- Conduct thorough testing using representative datasets to
accurately profile query performance for
- Review database performance against design requirements and
- Propose and apply appropriate tools that assist with
monitoring/optimizing, and identifying/resolving database related
- Ensure quality control over all related work products.
- Experience with and understanding of:
- Writing scripts/applications using the Python programming
language (syntax, structure, modules, frameworks, unit testing,
- Python libraries such as sklearn, matplotlib, and numpy
- Statistical approaches to analyzing structured data
Designing, building and testing various machine learning models
and feature selection working with large datasets
- Basic familiarity with:
- Analyzing business requirements and devising work
- Task decomposition and estimation
- SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks,
Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
Git/Github source control
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Demonstrates good analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work well in teams, and possesses good communication
Other Desired Skills/Experience
- Experience programming in Java
- Prior experience with AWS and/or Azure
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE)
(these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
Security Clearance: Eligible
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure
technology solutions to address challenges of national and global
significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers
disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics,
full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and
multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal
Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA
with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards
of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success We strive daily to exceed expectations and
achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus We invest in our employees' professional
development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a
culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation We know that discovering new and innovative ways to
solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great
Excellence in Execution We take pride in flawless execution as
we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.