SOX Compliance Lead
Posted on: October 5, 2021
Leidos is seeking a SOX Compliance Lead to join our team of
financial professionals. In this role, you will be responsible for
reviewing SOX narratives, process flow charts and design of
controls, including walkthroughs. You will work with process and
control owners to assess all control deficiencies considering
consistency and aggregation across Leidos, and ensure deficiencies
are satisfactorily remediated in a timely manner. You will
assist with the SOX integration for acquired entities, as
applicable. You will assistant in the management of
our enterprise internal control environment, including performing
and maintaining annual top-down risk assessments.
This position can be supported from Reston - VA, Tucson - AZ, or
Oak Ridge - TN with occasional telecommute allowed.
- Lead and/or participate conduct Sarbanes-Oxley
Reviews, and other operational / compliance.
- Identify key Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
risks and mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments
and recommendations. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Design controls for new/changes to business processes, systems,
and accounting pronouncements. Evaluate control evidence for
sufficiency, completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare/update SOX process flow charts and
- Evaluate control deficiencies and track remediation to
- Perform special projects related to department administration,
financial analysis, policies and procedures, accounting thresholds,
- Use time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and
demonstrate ability to manage time, working independently, and
facilitating a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Administration and minimum of 4 years of experience including at
least 2 years’ experience with a public accounting firm;
- CPA with an active license in good standing
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also
required to allow the candidate to effectively interact with
various levels of management and members of Leidos’ operating
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset, and possess
assessment and process-oriented background with ability to adapt in
a dynamic environment
- Desired Qualifications: - Experience with financial
statement audits a plus
- Experience auditing large government contracting corporations a
- Experience in Deltek CostPoint, Workday, Hyperion, and data
analytics software such as IDEA or ACL would be considered
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , SOX Compliance Lead, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!