Posted on: October 5, 2021
The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Subcontracts
Manager to support its Energy and Environment Division.
This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) subcontract
management activities for various US Federal, State, and local
government programs. This Subcontracts Manager is a working
manager role and will lead a team of approximately 6 subcontracts
administrators and also own a portfolio of subcontract
responsibilities. The selected candidate will oversee and
manage overall subcontract compliance for the Energy and
Environment Division in accordance with contract requirements,
company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and
acquisition regulations. The desired candidate for this
position will be a motivated leader and self-starter who can work
independently, and lead a team in a dynamic environment.
The Subcontracts Manager is responsible for managing staff,
conducting performance reviews, establishing development actions,
working activities that span the entire procurement cycle,
including but not limited to:
- Proposal support activities to include negotiation of NDA’s and
Teaming Agreements, tracking and managing capture pipeline
- Preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors in
accordance with Government and Leidos
- Evaluation of subcontractor proposals
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with
- Subcontract award and Administration
- Primarily supports federal programs as well as some commercial
and state/local government programs.
- Identifies and resolves issues and problems on assigned
subcontracts and make recommendations to management.
- Performs subcontract close-out activities.
- Analyze risks and identify risk mitigations
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the
programs being supported for all subcontracts related
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project
control, finance, business development and with customers as
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with
subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying
degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Works with team members to resolve issues/provide guidance on
tasks described above
- Requires a BA degree in Business Administration or a related
field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+
years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of
relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience managing and training a team of 5 – 7 people
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with
particular emphasis on negotiation and subcontracts
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract
types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional
support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and
meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Deltek CostPoint.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time
management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships
internally and externally with subcontractors to drive
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional
- Construction subcontracts experience
- Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term
strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Subcontracts Manager, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!