Company: Funded Club
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Glue Up (formerly EventBank) is looking for a Back-End Engineer
/ Developer to join our growing technology team in the US.
As part of the technology team, you join a crew of experienced
people working on making the best possible user experience and
building the most scalable code base we could think of. Our stacks
are Scala/Java for the backend; PHP/JS for the frontend; Kotlin and
Swift for the mobile.
The ideal candidate should have experience as an Engineer or
Developer in backend development, excellent communication skills,
strong development ability, a sharp analytical sense, a startup
mindset and should be able to roll up his/her sleeves to get the
Join a fast-growing, international team (currently present in
over 60+ countries and growing).
- Design, develop, document, support and enhance product under
- Assist in the design and implementation of scalable,
extensible, and maintainable enterprise-grade systems
- Practice Agile methodologies such as test-driven development
(Junit/phpunit), functional testing, and continuous
- 2+ years of internet, enterprise, or distributed
software development experience.
- Skilled in Java Platform Ecosystem, DBMS, RESTful style
API design and Linux OS.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science and
technologies or in a related field.
- Proficiency in: Data Structures and Algorithms, Object
Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Core Java
Language, Concurrent Programming and Distributed
- Local to Washington DC area is preferred.
Nice to have
- Team leadership experience.
- Skilled in Scala programming language, Reactive programming,
- Mastery of one or more MySQL Storage Engines.
- SaaS Development Experience.
- Platform Development Experience.
- Open Source Contributor.
- PHP/JS framework for our web application;
- Sass for CSS processing;
- Native mobile apps (Swift and Kotlin);
- Java/Scala for our backend REST API;
- MySQL/MongoDB for data storage, Redis for some cache;
- Jenkins for continuous integration;
- AWS, AliCloud and Dataline for hosting.
About Glue Up
Founded in 2013, Glue Up, formerly EventBank, provides
all-in-one engagement management cloud solutions that give
professional communities the power to streamline operations, enrich
audience engagement, and maximize value underpinning expansive
networks. Our cutting-edge platform has helped hundreds of
organizations in more than 50+ countries modernize processes and
eliminate engagement challenges. Glue Up has offices in Hong Kong,
Singapore, China, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, USA,
LATAM and Russia.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Full-stack: 1 year (Preferred)
Keywords: Funded Club, Reston , Backend Developer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!