Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Principal
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: October 8, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes
an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will consult with
management on the development of processes and procedures for
designing and implementing components of technological structures.
In this role, you will create solutions with a process-driven view,
as well as maintain and/or update existing structures.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Principal role will
offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working
alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Determine the needs of diverse and complex customer groups by
applying understanding and resolution of complex or unusual
- Translate functional requirements into technical solutions, and
may lead matrixed teams.
- Oversee existing structures, as well as the implementation and
ongoing monitoring of governance.
- Perform modeling, analysis, and planning to solve technical
business problems and identify opportunities and risks.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 8 years
- AWS Certification
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- PhD in computer science, engineering preferred.
- Cloud experience, AWS, exposure to multi-cloud strategy, GCP,
- API and Microservice based architecture
- Enterprise Risk Management domain exposure preferred.
- Technologically accomplished in cloud, AI/ML.
- Ability to lead teams from a strategic and technical
- Communication including communicating in writing or verbally,
copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in supporting, controlling, monitoring, and management
of large, complex, and sometimes geographically-dispersed IT
infrastructure and applications in order to optimize IT service
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to
ensure successful project completion.
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and
related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC.
- Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and
designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying
control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others,
facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience
in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural
principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as
xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere.
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and
identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment, scaling,
Skilled in Visio
Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and
Experience using JIRA
Experience using VMWare
Skilled in using Enterprise Architect
Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
Skilled in Docker
Skilled in using storage software such as NetApp, Nimble, and Pure
Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage Microsoft
operating systems and processes
Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
Skilled in HOPEX
Skilled in Excel
Skilled in LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
Skilled in Azure
Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
Skilled in Java
Skilled in Jenkins
Job REF ID: REF6617S
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Principal, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!