Software Project Manager
Posted on: October 8, 2021
The Leidos Exploration & Mission Support CIV-IT division seeks
to a hire a Software Project Manager to support the
development and maintenance for a mission critical information
management system at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. This
is an exciting opportunity to join our Agile development team in a
fast-paced work environment, collaborating with customer
stakeholders, business analysts, applications developers, database
engineers, quality assurance, and other multi-functional teams.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such
as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving,
the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise
manner, as well as solve complex problems using available
- Manage and coordinate efforts across multi-functional teams
towards the completion and timely production delivery for
applications development and maintenance projects of varying size,
scope, and complexity.
- Participate in the daily standup, collaborating with team
members, and eliminating roadblocks to ensure optimal team
- Manage Sprint Planning and Backlog prioritization
- Oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle using
the agile framework, scaling the application of select Scrum
principles when full methodology adoption is impractical.
- Develop project schedules and budgets, managing team efforts to
deliver incremental system functionality to production on time and
- Serves as liaison to Leidos and customer management,
coordinating communications and activities between the development
team, external technical resources/teams, and key customer
- Communicates projects status, and project risks/issues and
mitigation strategies to Leidos management and customer project
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please Note: This will be 100%
Full Time remote opportunity. Candidate must
reside in Gaithersburg, MD, Washington, DC, OR
Virginia metro area.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of total professional
- Experience managing complex software projects.
- Scrum Master (CSM) OR other similar
- Experience managing software maintenance and Agile software
development projects in the Federal government context, to include
knowledge of key Agile processes, ceremonies, and techniques.
- Ability to tailor written and verbal communications to express
complex information to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated success as a team player within a fast paced and
complex technical work environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Productivity tools: Outlook,
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Position requires candidate to obtain an NRC IT-I Public Trust
- Experience in Sprint Planning and related Scrum concepts,
including Backlog prioritization.
- Experience using Jira to manage Agile software
- PMP or Master Degree in Management/Technical Field.
- Experience managing the development of Microsoft .Net/MVC,
Java, and MS SQL applications in Microsoft Azure (Cloud).
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving
some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more
Leidos is growing! Connect with us
on LinkedIn and Facebook.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Software Project Manager, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!