Software Systems Engineer - Mission Planning
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Join a fast growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization
and take your experience to the next level! Leidos has an
immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to support to
the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. The
Systems Engineer will work alongside Product Managers, Release
Train Engineers and facilitate requirement development with subject
matter experts (SMEs) via Scaled Agile processes. This
position will elevate skills and experiences to support our
full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual
educational opportunities to continue the development of the
We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges
and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that
collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus
within each team. The enterprise is embracing modern
technologies in microservices based products, automated pipelines
and workflow tools and leading edge methodologies via Scaled Agile
Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Serve as a SE for Mission Planning software development.
- Support an Agile Release Train’s (ART) Product Manager and
coordinate with Release Train Engineer to decompose Capabilities,
work with development teams to decompose Features and utilize
mission planning end users, testers and other SMEs to establish
acceptance criteria and evaluate completeness of work.
- Work with Solution architects to establish Enabler Features and
their acceptance criteria to support changes to infrastructure that
evolve the system solutions.
- Coordinating with enterprise stakeholders to shepherd enablers
among the new features and bug fixes in program level backlogs and
help assignments to teams for sprints and releases in
- Generating Mission Threads, Use Cases and system requirements
packages as part of SAFe work package development and managing
those requirements and their traceability.
- Identify and manage internal and external dependencies.
- Analyzing software development metrics, report results and
recommend corrective actions.
- Utilizing common Mission Planning processes while facilitating
a continuous learning culture to help drive improvement of those
processes. Understanding and leveraging an Enterprise Product
approach to identify requirements that represent a gap in
capabilities and opportunities for reuse. Report the technical
status of feature development to the key stakeholders.
- Creating and reviewing technical data items, to include
architecture, requirements designs, test plans/reports, dashboards
and process descriptions.
- Assist the ART in guiding the work through the Program level
processes and developing the program Vision and Roadmap consistent
with the Solution Intent and Context.
- Coordinate with multiple Development Teams to analyze, size and
decompose Features into stories and then help plan the sequence of
work to maximize efficiencies across teams and utilize parallel
development to provide releasable software every iteration.
- Collaborate with other ART members and Testers to evaluate
completed stories and their parent features to determine readiness
for release and ensure workflow tools are kept up to date
throughout the development and test cycles.
- Participate in designing the subsystems, components and
interfaces, validating technology assumptions and evaluate
alternatives while working closely with other Agile Release Trains
(ARTs) and Solution Trains.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software
Engineering or a related technical discipline and 8-12 years of
prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior
- A current US Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development, fundamental
engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to
collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and
other engineers in the development of complex software
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel,
- Experience with Scrum at Scale or SAFe Agile processes is
- Experience with Jira, Jira Align, and Confluence is highly
- General familiarity of the DoD system development and
- Operational mission systems planning experience is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Software Systems Engineer - Mission Planning, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!