Business Development and Strategy Analyst - Health Group
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The Leidos Health Group Business Development and Strategic
Analyst will help to develop clear, credible, and compelling value
propositions that will improve internal decisions on key strategic
pursuits and will help articulate Leidos value in solving our
customers’ most complex problems through strategy, business
development and supportive marketing efforts. The analyst will work
with the Strategy and Business Development leadership to support
strategic planning activities that drive Leidos’ growth
opportunities for the Health Group.
Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and
market analysis, threat environment and analysis, competitive
comparisons, market intelligence data, budget analysis, gap
analyses, technology trending – all targeted at articulating,
reinforcing, and marketing Leidos’ Value Proposition. Additionally,
you will be required to support and substantiate the communication
and implementation of the strategy. Collaboration is critical - you
will work closely with Leidos Business Development, strategy, group
marketing and communications, and capture and program execution
This position reports directly to the Vice President (VP) of
Business Development and Strategy (BD&S) for Health Group.
- Manage work-streams and tasks aligned with the Health Group’s
strategic analysis business rhythms.
- Manage research requests supporting organic and non-organic
growth objectives and assist in assessments of the cost
effectiveness, growth metrics and review of various
- Participate in development of enduring growth propositions and
manage oversight of resulting health group strategic action plans
throughout the year.
- Ensure alignment of strategy to multiple marketing efforts by
supporting sponsorships, events, trade shows and strategic
- Support business development operations by managing regular
reporting of pipelines, bid gate reviews and ad-hoc leadership
reports / briefings.
- Assist with an overall company effort to develop clear,
credible, and compelling value propositions with the goal of
internally improving program/project pursuit decisions
- Be able to use core analytic tools and techniques, as well as
create new ones when required, to quantify and measure key business
- Support business growth by equipping strategy, business
development and leadership teams with graphically and technically
appealing concepts; predominantly in PowerPoint.
- Identify and assess capability and technology gaps, and
opportunities for gap-filling by engaging current partners and look
for opportunities to expand our ecosystem.
- Coordinate key working meetings with strategy, business
development/capture teammates, in developing market insight to
support strategy, business development/capture and strategic
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience or a
Master’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional
experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of strategy and/or business development, customer
research/analysis and familiarity with operational planning cycles
in the federal market.
- A demonstrated command of the federal and non-federal Health
Information Technology markets, segments, and customer/prospect
- Excellent oral and written skills with an ability to use a wide
variety of organic analysis tools such as spreadsheets,
comparisons, visualizations, and assessments
- Experience with federal budgets analysis, investments, and
- Understanding of capture process and pipeline management at a
variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience supporting strategic marketing planning efforts in
events, content development and sponsorships.
- Able to demonstrate mastery in tools such as Microsoft Office
to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer
relationship management to access and use customer strategies.
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with senior management, technical staff, division
managers, and peers in the Health Group and across Leidos.
- Experience with partnering/relationship management with key
government customers and industry partners
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR),
contract types and audit / compliance requirements for federal
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Business Development and Strategy Analyst - Health Group, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!