Regional Sales Director - Security Detection and Automation (North America)
Posted on: October 10, 2021
The Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation’s
mission is to transform global security to create a frictionless,
fully-integrated security technology ecosystem that enables the
safe, healthy, and efficient movement of people and commerce.
Our primary markets are domestic and international regulated
aviation, ports & borders and other critical infrastructure.
As a Regional Sales Director for SD&A, you are expected to
thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the
execution of the full business development life cycle process
across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. This
position will be accountable for the North America region product
sales to customers. The successful candidate will be a proven
sales leader and key member of the SD&A operation with primary
responsibilities for identification, qualification and capture of
business development opportunities as well as the generation of
qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the forecast
and plan. In addition, this individual will execute sales and
marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market
- Achieves team booking revenue plan and sets appropriate
objectives and forecasting accuracy for sales distributors and
representatives to meet desired revenue goals. Forecasting of
agents and representatives is reviewed on a monthly basis, at a
- Establishes a rolling twelve (12) month bookings pipeline that
is reviewed and updated on a weekly basis.
- Plans a thirty six (36) month sales funnel for the region
reviewed twice a year
- Qualifies and directs sales activities for sales
representatives and sales agents in the assigned region, compliant
with corporate/division guidelines.
- Support the team in account management and regional sales
wherever and whenever necessary, incl. business development, lead
generation, customer qualification, proposal delivery, and contract
- Understands and assimilates the latest technologies and market
data to create account propositions and competitive solutions for
high value opportunities.
- Establishes a communication path between the company and the
customer to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops and
supports timely resolution to customer issues.
- Responsible for maintaining bookings opportunities and customer
contacts in the Company’s customer relationship management (CRM)
- Identifies, qualifies, and negotiates channel alliances with
domestic and international organizations (i.e. integrators,
manufacturers, service providers) to leverage market coverage.
- Assists sales, support, and marketing staff members in
activities such as sales promotion, training, or market research in
planning and executing projects.
- Assembles and leads multi-disciplinary teams to recommend new
application and product features and strategy for the strategic
account or territory.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12 years of related business
- Minimum of 5 years of international sales experience and domain
- Organize and execute significant BD activities, including
building pipelines, assessing win probability, and executing
customer call plans
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to interact and
build relationships with key customer organizations and industry
- Proven track record of winning new business and pipeline
management across multiple customer organizations and program
offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar new
business sales quotas.
- Travel as required, up to 50% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to
present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship
management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Established relationships and experience winning new business
with key domestic (e.g. TSA) and international customers
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in aviation security or border security
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Regional Sales Director - Security Detection and Automation (North America), Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!