In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation
Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health
(EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks
and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with
Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State,
and Local law(s).
The focus of the position will be providing support to the FAA’s
Fall Protection Programs and you will be responsible for the
creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of
various reports and Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) to all levels of FAA and NISC management.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Project management and planning.
- Work place inspections.
- Training and reporting.
- Review of Fall Protection Procedures through on-site
Note: This is a virtual position with up to 75% travel.
Candidate can live anywhere within the United States.
Education and experience:
Requires BS degree and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience
or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation
and submission of reports on a recurring basis as
- Ability to work at heights, successfully complete fall
protection training, and achieve rescue level fall protection
- Ensure all fall protection specifications are consistent with
all applicable Federal, State, Local and Agency specific laws,
regulations, and guidelines related to Fall Protection.
- Ability to prepare, review and consult on the development
of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for fall protection
processes and equipment use (SOPs)
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 75
- Solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the
Environmental Occupational Health and Safety
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations,
practices, and/or protocols.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior FAA experience is desired.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving
some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and
technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting
career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering
(fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum,
environmental, construction) computer and database developers,
project management professionals,
instructional/training developers, air traffic
controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal
instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence
analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our
employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary
e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External
Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work
place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere
Institute for the third consecutive year.