Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Advisor
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: October 11, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes
an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will consult with
leadership, management and technical teams to ensure the on-going
and proper alignment of enterprise technological capabilities with
business capabilities. In this role, you will collaborate
with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop and
operationalize new strategies, architectures, patterns, solutions,
processes, and procedures with a business-driven perspective, in
addition to maintaining and/or updating existing structures.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Architecture (EA) Strategy and Governance
Advisor plays a critical role providing leadership, working
with our stakeholders inside and outside of COO to define/drive the
future state architecture strategy while supporting strategic
initiatives This role will offer you the flexibility to make each
day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you
can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Determine the needs of diverse and complex customer groups by
applying understanding and resolution of complex or unusual
- Translate functional requirements into technical solutions, and
may lead matrixed teams.
- Oversee existing structures, as well as the implementation and
ongoing monitoring of governance.
- Perform modeling, analysis, and planning to solve technical
business problems and identify gaps, opportunities and risks.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 10 years of experience in Enterprise Architecture relevant to
Technology Strategy, establishing Architecture Blueprints and
- Strong expertise in emerging technologies related to Artificial
Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud, Microservices, APIs and
Event based architecture.
- At least 3 years’ experience in AWS or Azure cloud development
including legacy cloud migration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Scaled Agile Software
Development processes like SAFe.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration
- Change agent who can think Out of the Box and drive alignment
across the Enterprise.
- Create, manage changes and govern EA Standards, Policies,
Procedures and Guardrails.
- Evolve and mature Enterprise Reference Models along with
facilitating pattern development, usage tracking and
- Drive Software Tools rationalization across the Enterprise by
collaborating with partner organizations and enable cost savings
and risk mitigation.
- Evolve Enterprise Business Capability model, Process Taxonomy
and drive Business Architecture standards across the business
- Partner with Business and Technical Process owners to identify
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and help optimize the processes
enabling faster Time to Market and lowering Total Cost of
- Establish Reference Architectures, Composite Patterns and run
Proof of Concepts on emerging technologies that can accelerate
agile software delivery process.
- Lead Enterprise Business Architecture Functions partnering with
peers, business and technical stakeholders and development
- Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of
various technology platforms, policies, and principles that lead to
target state implementation.
- Produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems and
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the architecture and
technology organizations and influence key stakeholders to ensure
effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict
- Maintains knowledge on business and technology trends that
impact the business environment.
- Acts as a link between business and technical experts when
designing technology solutions, while attending governing
- Ensures that technology investments enhance business
capabilities and execute on business objectives and outcomes.
- Creates business models and roadmaps and assess capability and
process gaps between the current and future states.
- Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment,
scaling, and management.
- Skilled in Visio
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development,
and networking platforms
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience using VMWare
- Skilled in using Enterprise Architect
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Docker
- Skilled in using storage software such as NetApp, Nimble, and
- Skilled in using PowerShell to automate tasks that manage
Microsoft operating systems and processes
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Skilled in ARIS
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in using virtualization software such as Microsoft
Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, or Citrix XenDesktop
Job REF ID: REF6648E
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Enterprise Architecture - Architecture - Advisor, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!