Big Data Engineer
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: October 11, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes
an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to
developing data infrastructure and pipelines to capture, integrate,
organize, and centralize data while testing and ensuring the data
is readily accessible and in a usable state, including quality
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Data - Data Engineering - Senior Associate role will
offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working
alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Identify customer needs and intended use of requested data in
the development of database requirements and support the planning
and engineering of enterprise databases.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of database technologies,
complex coding languages, and computer system skills.
- Support the integration of data into readily available formats
while maintaining existing structures and govern their use
according to business requirements.
- Analyze new data sources and monitor the performance,
scalability, and security of data.
- Create an initial analysis and deliver the user interface (UI)
to the customer to enable further analysis.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Minimum Required Experiences
- 4 years
- Desired Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The group of skills related to Product Development including
designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design
requirements, prototyping, etc.
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- The group of skills related to Programming including coding,
debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends
or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs,
outputs, and process
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to
ensure successful project completion
- Working with people with different functional
expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common
- · The group of skills
related to Communication including communicating in writing or
verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication,
- Skilled in ETL
- Skilled in Java and/or Python
- Skilled in JSON
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming
- Skilled in SQL
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development,
and networking platforms
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Big Data Engineer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!