Posted on: October 12, 2021
Leidos has career openings for Capture Directors
located in Reston, VA.
The Capture Director is responsible for the capture
leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the market
strategy. The qualified must thrive in an environment where they
are responsible for the management and execution of the full
capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous pursuits and
proposals. We are an agile team that is looking for a highly
motivated, detail-oriented, self-directed individual to assist in
leading responses of statement of works/objectives and competitive
RFP/RFQ/RFI requests. The candidate is expected to understand and
adapt to our identified proposal protocol, as well as understand
Leidos products and services in order to lead capture efforts. As
an experienced professional, the candidate is also requested to
mentor other capture, BD and/or operations professionals and
support the larger Capture Operations and Excellence Team. This
individual will be expected to coalesce with team members, BD,
operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to
position Leidos for successful pursuits. This person will also
gather, assess, and validate customer requirements, working closely
with BD leads – identifying related needs and constraints that
impact the winning solution. Candidates at this level will develop
value propositions through program strategies, supporting business
cases and project plans and develop early win strategies and evolve
the strategy throughout the Capture lifecycle. They will develop,
organize and execute significant capture activities, including
building industry and Leidos-internal teams, assess win
probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis,
etc. in order to respond to and win business with new and existing
customers. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment
within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact
with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and
customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Characteristics necessary for success include: business and
technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical
presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain
internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid
working relationships and communication with technical staff,
managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication
skills are required.
- Develop value propositions, support business cases and
project plans and develop early win strategies
- Develop, organize and execute significant capture
activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal
- Assist with the creation and execution of call
- Assist with the gathering, assessment and validation of
customer requirements, identifying gaps and emerging
- Drive all aspects of the capture successfully through the
Win Plan process.
- Communicate resource needs and leverage resources
assigned, collaborating with subject and technical matter experts,
functional leads, and Program Managers.
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include
white papers, RFIs, sources sought, workshops, opportunity gate
reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant RFI, sources sought
and proposal responses.
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation
and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers,
and follow through on tasking.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified
milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and
- Conduct after action reviews for all business
opportunities, document lessons learned and identify necessary
adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute
significant capture activities, including building industry teams,
assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call
plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business
with new and existing customers.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning
captures of large scale opportunities over $500M
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types
(non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as
payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for
all government responses.
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the
highest levels of the corporate structure is a
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives;
ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the
capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition
- Ability to lead local and
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office
to present ideas, information, and reports.
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal
characteristics which are necessary for success.
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen
conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence,
imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal
ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high
technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and
responsive service to its clients.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments
and acquisition processes.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently
with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid
working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and
peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Ability to deliver and willingness to provide effective
coaching, mentoring, and training of the capture and proposal
- A proven history and bias for action and an orientation
towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a
preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Capture Director, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!