Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a Solution Lead to
support the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT)
contract. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy,
delivering the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet,
including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk,
and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in
unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve
capability and service.The Solution Lead will be a member of the
SMIT Growth Team, responsible for providing technical leadership
and delivering a compliant product, service, or combination of
products and services that address a customer---s specific business
need. Duties may include developing innovative approaches and
solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past
experience. The successful candidate will interpret requirements,
document RTMs, document design and solution inputs from SMEs,
validate solutions with BOEs/BOMs, validate solution consistency,
and support the CLIN manager in defining new SLINs. The Solution
Lead may also serve as a BOE or BOM estimator or author at times,
including providing supporting rationale, substantiation, and
assumptions. Instrumental to the completion of proposals,
responsible for documenting final consolidated solutions and
translating those solutions to the customer requirements. This
position collaborates closely with project managers, customers,
stakeholders, operations, architects and engineers to support the
creation of responses to Requests for Proposals including Basis of
Estimates, technical solution descriptions, and/or input for
high-level schedules/plans as needed to contribute to task order
planning and award. Confidently articulates solution approaches
with technical resources and suppliers, and persuasively
communicates value to the client. Influences client evaluation
criteria and decision making. Works individually, in teams or as
leader, to determine customer requirements in complex and often
ambiguous outsourced environments. Interacts effectively with team,
pursuit leaders, internal governance and business leadership to
advance sales efforts.Primary Responsibilities
- Lead strategy sessions on assigned proposals Lead solution
coordination, consolidation and reviews for proposals, ROMs and
other responses to Government requests for standard complexity
program modifications and projects as well as standard service
- Support efforts to enhance standard solution libraries in
support of organization-wide solution and BOE/BOM definitions.
- Support customer negotiations.
- Work in partnership with internal teams to define a solution,
proposal, and other required documentation.
- Write proposal content outlining solutions that meet customer
requirements and align with BOEs, BOMs, and ODCs.
- Ensure solutions are properly scoped, evaluate assumptions,
identify risks, evaluate cost, and ensure responses meet
- Derive, decompose, and maintain technical, non-technical,
functional, and non-functional requirements from an understanding
of stakeholder needs, logical inference, and applicable
- Significant collaboration and coordination with external
customers, management, subcontractors.
- Collaborate with technical experts to synthesize solution
architectures and designs from requirements and constraints.
- Collaborate with customers to discuss requirements, solutions
and plans with high level government customers.
- Lead solution review meetings to ensure integration of all
- Identify subject matter experts that can effectively contribute
to responding to solution needs.
- Develop BOMs as required to support defined solutions.
- Other duties as required Interpret technical and management
requirements of Federal Government solicitations (e.g., RFPs,
- Manage multiple solution requests with sometimes rapid
- Drives consensus around the business, technical, and functional
components of the solution vision and roadmap with business
stakeholders and technologists.
- Ensures proposed solutions are executable and may be delivered
efficiently and effectively to the satisfaction of the client.Basic
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience
or Masters with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience, years
experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to
illustrate a clear solution that meets RFPs/SOOs/SOWs
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and
improve processes and determine needs to successfully deliver
solutions in short turnaround timeframes
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a
dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Utilization of tools such as SharePoint, MS Project, Excel, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the
ability to succulently communicate
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in large information technology enterprise
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Working knowledge of Leidos--- proposal processes and
- Experience bidding on DON RFPs, especially modifications to
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and
concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Prior experience with Navy programs
- Industry or Leidos technical certifications
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a
dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlinesPay
Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Solution Lead, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!