Posted on: May 7, 2022
Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a Project
Geologist to support environmental projects at multiple office
locations, including: -Twinsburg, OH, Reston, VA, Oak Ridge, TN,
and Earth City, MO. - NOTE: This position will allow for 50% remote
work from anywhere in the continental US with the remainder of work
involving travel to the locations referenced above. The Project
Geologist will support execution of environmental investigation and
remediation projects as a Field Manager, including oversight and
direction of subcontractors, drilling and DPT operations, logging
of unconsolidated and bedrock lithologies, monitoring and injection
well installation and development, and monitoring well abandonment
activities. The Project Geologist will lead and direct field
investigation task teams; plan field investigations; prepare
project work plans; prepare subcontractor scopes of work (e.g.,
drilling, surveying, waste management); conduct sampling of
environmental media using industry standard methods. The Project
Geologist will also support data analysis and interpretation and
project report preparation to include data summaries and
tabulations, site hydrogeologic characteristics, contaminant extent
and fate and transport, conceptual site models, potentiometric
maps, geologic interpretation and cross sections, contaminant plume
maps, and written summaries. The Project Geologist will represent
Leidos as Field Manager on client facilities, coordinate activities
with client staff, and interact with regulatory agencies or the
public. The Project Geologist will work independently with Leidos
Project Managers and Senior Staff, supervise junior staff, and
interface with multiple Leidos offices and subcontractors.
Applicants should demonstrate excellent written and verbal
communication skills and be comfortable working in a team
environment with internal and external stakeholders. Strong
organizational skills are essential. Primary Responsibilities
- Manage and execute project tasks as assigned, including
cost/schedule, coordination and logistics, and project
- Support or lead preparation of project management plans,
sampling and analysis plans, quality assurance project plans, waste
management plans, subcontractor statements of work (e.g., drilling
services, surveying), procurement of materials and supplies for
field investigations, coordinate and schedule field activities,
support preparation of health and safety plans and other related
documentation as required by the project.
- Compile, interpret, and report data to meet project quality
assurance requirements under Federal (e.g. CERCLA), state, and/or
- Prepare technical reports, including technical analysis,
conceptual site models, and visual data presentations, including
maps, cross sections, and data tabulations.
- Comply with -Leidos and client Environmental Compliance and
Health & Safety programs.
- Prepare and present project findings to clients, regulatory
agencies, and the public. Required Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Geology or Earth Sciences, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in the environmental
field performing the listed primary responsibilities.
- Willing and able to travel to project locations for field
assignments, with durations typically 1-4 weeks and attend client
- Ability to pass background checks, obtain access to, and
conduct work on, U.S. Government installations.
- Experience in drilling operations oversight, geologic
logging/interpretation, and monitoring well installation in
unconsolidated and bedrock terrain. Experience with DPT,
hollow-stem auger, sonic, and air rotary methods are required.
- Analysis and interpretation of chemical, geotechnical,
geologic, and/or engineering data to address project/reporting
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project,
- Valid driver's license.
- Professional Geologist (PG) credential or progress toward
obtaining PG (e.g, Geologist in Training). Preferred
- Working knowledge of wireline coring and core logging and
downhole geophysical methods and interpretation is a plus.
- Working knowledge of emerging PFAS technical guidance and
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker
certification (40-hour HAZWOPER) and current OSHA 8-hour refresher.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Project Geologist, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!