Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) Lead
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Description Job Description:Ideally, the candidate will be local
to the Maryland area. We will need the chosen candidate to be
onsite from time to time. The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a
Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) Lead to support a critical
modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data
System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive
Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and
Project Manager Mission Command. This leader will oversee the Model
Based System Engineering (MBSE) environment to develop
system-of-systems requirements via system/component analysis. This
person will interface with all stakeholders to define Digital
Engineering processes, while leading a small geographically
distributed team of System Engineers.The AFATDS is a multi-service,
automated command, coordination, communication, and computing
system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all
echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine
Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault
Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control
Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force
Commander's guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan,
execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the
current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the
selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close
air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive
electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander's guidance,
thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire
support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.This effort is
to meet the government's objective to modernize the underlying
AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end and integrate
common services made available through the Army's Common Operating
Environment (COE), including embedded training technologies to aid
in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Responsible for using MBSE tools (i.e., Rhapsody, MagicDraw,
Cameo EA) and techniques to support requirements development,
system design, and development of system use cases.
- Develop and maintain models using Unified Modeling Language
(UML), Systems Modeling Language (SysML), and/or Unified Profile
for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM).
- Develop system models and create system representations using
data architectures and data models to facilitate interoperability
and implement and manage system architectures in the MBSE
- Provides oversight and leadership to several members of a
multi-discipline team of engineers in the execution of these
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working
groups, and technical exchange meetings associated with the work
being performed on the project.
- Ensure MBSE commonality across all models and programs.
- Share MBSE best practices, lessons learned and serve as an MBSE
- Assist in the development of proposals for new business that
will implement MBSE. Basic Qualifications
- BA or BS degree in a technical discipline.
- 5 years of related Systems Engineering experience on complex
systems, and DoD programs.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Highly organized.
- Knowledge and understanding of UML/SysML and MBSE tools such as
Rhapsody, MagicDraw, and/or Cameo Enterprise Architect.
- Knowledge of DoD architectures, requirements development,
verification, test, and system integration to accommodate
End-to-End Systems Engineering.
- Understanding of system interface requirements and requirements
- Knowledge Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)/Digital
Engineering (DE) to develop a modular open system architecture
(MOSA) for DoD systems (Desired). Preferred Qualifications
- Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) System
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall development
methodologies.--- Salary to be determined by the applicant's
education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as
internal equity and alignment with market data. Pay Range:Pay Range
$94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) Lead, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!