3D Virtual Reality Modeler
Posted on: May 11, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is hiring for a 3D Virtual
Reality Modeler!The NISC IV program within Leidos Civil Group is
seeking a candidate with SketchUp and Virtual Reality modeling
skills to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with 3D
Modeling, Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR) of Air
Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) siting projects. The 3D Modeler will
use SketchUp, Twin Motion, AutoCAD software, and Infraworks in
support of the Air Traffic Control Tower siting projects. A key
element of this support requirement is the ability to expertly use
SketchUp to create accurate, three-dimensional (3D), to-scale,
point-of-view models of "as built" and designed FAA facilities
based on real site conditions, basic engineering concepts, or from
existing AutoCAD drawings.Routine duties will include:
- Generate 3D models for FAA and Non-Federal towers within the
programs specified requirements.
- Provide minor on-site technical support for VISTA tower siting
studies including: Audio/ Video troubleshooting, cabling, and
conference sharing software platforms.
- Manage FAA 3D model document libraries and collaboration site
using KSN and One Drive project sites.
- Assemble / disassemble Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
equipment to include Virtual Reality equipment set up and shut
- Provide technical support on-site and remotely as needed.
- Support development of standard 3D Cab model formats (i.e.,
templates) for use across the siting team platform to ensure
- Proactively identify areas that need to be improved based upon
Siting meeting activities policy changes.
- Support program-specific standards and processes related to the
development of 3D models.
- Ability to write clear technical instruction documents for
customer use.We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to
work with the best and brightest employees around the country in
creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs.
You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy
flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that
encourages your career development and growth.In this role, you
will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management,
critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate
complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex
problems using available tools.We offer meaningful and engaging,
collaborative culture, and support your career goals, all while
nurturing a healthy work life balance. Are you ready to grow with
us?Please Note: this is a 100% remote role with 50% travel to FAA
Air Traffic Control Tower Sites.Required Qualifications:
- Ability to use SketchUp, Twin Motion, AutoCAD software, and
- Proficiency using Google Earth PRO.
- Familiarity reading engineering drawings and interpreting
airport layout diagrams.
- Familiarity solving non-complex network connectivity
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to
- BA degree and 8 + years of prior relevant experience OR a
Masters with 6 + years of prior relevant experience. Additional
years of relevant experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of
- Demonstrated project management skills; the ability to manage
several complex projects simultaneously in order to meet customer
requirements and deadlines (i.e., manage time, prioritize tasks,
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel.Desired
- Experience with FAA Airport Traffic Control Tower cab
electronic equipment.Leidos is a Fortune 500--- company aimed at
embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing
challenges.Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world
safer, healthier and more efficient.Leidos is growing! Connect with
us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 -
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , 3D Virtual Reality Modeler, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!