Systems Engineer Infrastructure Services
Posted on: June 13, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:More About the Role:
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer for Infrastructure Services:
Compute and Store to support related efforts for the Service
Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) program, the largest
IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT, the Leidos team will
deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI),
including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk,
and data transport. Ultimately, the Leidos team will support the
Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to
improve capability and service while also saving significant
dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. The
successful candidate will support the engineering (planning,
designing, and implementing) for the Infrastructure Services
product portfolio for the NMCI.What You'll Get to Do:
- Participate in the planning of new and existing IT
modernization, expansion, replacement, configuration, and
improvement projects for the NMCI network.
- Perform reach back into vendor research, development, and
technical support teams to ensure effective design and application
in the production environment.
- Contribute to proposal efforts for task orders by evaluating
technical content, providing software, hardware and/or identifying
the correct skills to support the systems engineering
- Perform analysis and hardening activities to address STIGs and
- Work closely with Information Assurance to provide information
- Comply with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM)
processes and procedures, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
governance, and Cybersecurity requirements within the DoDI 8500.01
and DON 5239.
- Work with project managers to provide status, integrated master
schedule (IMS) updates, and/or other data required for customer
- Participate in analysis, review, and validation with customers,
stakeholders, and team members for NMCI projects and changes.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes,
checklists, and procedures.
- Mentor and review the work of junior team members.You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management,
or related discipline from an accredited college or university and
4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of
prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in working with DoD programs of similar
scope, type, and complexity.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess an active Secret clearance
to start the program.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to lead and work in a
matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers,
subordinates and program leadership.
- Strong analytical, communication and troubleshooting skills
that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual
team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and
present to both team and program leadership.
- Ability to multi-task and self-assign work in a dynamic,
- Technical knowledge and skills in one or more of the following
areas: Storage Area Networks (SAN), to include on-premises and
off-premises architectures and technical designs; SAN management,
monitoring and reporting software; data replication, backup and
- Hold an applicable certification to meet IAT Level II DoD 8570
- Hold or obtain an applicable Computing Environment (CE)
certification based on primary storage platform equipment and
- Up to 10% travel may be required.These Qualifications Would be
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in large information technology enterprise
- Experience developing system engineering (SE) artifacts in
multiple systems development paradigms and methodologies.
- Experience with NetApp SAN, Brocade Fiber-channel and/or
NetBackup products and technologies.
- Certifications from NetApp, Brocade and/or NetBackup products
and technologies desired.Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 -
$115,000.00 - $155,250.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Systems Engineer Infrastructure Services, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!