Business Development Trade Show Coordinator
Posted on: June 13, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:The Business Development Trade Show
Coordinator supports the Business Development Organization's
efforts to execute Leidos corporate-supported trade shows.This
position partners with Strategic Account Executives in Corporate
Customer Excellence, Group and Operations Business Development,
Line Managers, Corporate Communications and Marketing, and Leidos
Innovation Studio (LIS) staff to shape all Leidos trade shows and
execute post-show follow-up actions. This person will help build
and engage the workforce to foster strategic partnerships and
long-term relationships, drive organizational effectiveness, and
deliver measurable results.Primary Responsibilities
- Participate in trade show planning with geographically
distributed Leidos teams to ensure positive, cross-enterprise
alignment with BD priorities and business objectives.
- Support SAEs and BD leads in defining theme, strategy,
objectives, and customer interaction plans (including VIP
invitations) for trade shows.
- Support Group Communications Directors and Group SVP-appointed
Trade Show Leads to align high-level messaging/theme, objectives,
key captures, and capabilities to appropriate Corporate & Group
- Work with Leidos senior executives, strategic account
executives, business development professionals, operations
managers, and technical experts to showcase Leidos developed
technology, services, and solutions at trade shows.
- Coordinate overall Leidos attendance at trade shows to ensure
participation is appropriate to support demonstration stations and
- Train trade show booth personnel to ensure consistent
messaging, and approve attendance based on achievement of message
- Maintain and execute corporate-wide responsibility for pre-show
call plans, content development, executive briefings, on-site
meetings, and post-show action lists and follow-ups.
- Partner with corporate trade show managers assigned by
Corporate Communications & Marketing to coordinate and manage
customer meetings at trade shows.
- Partner with corporate trade show managers assigned by
Corporate Communications & Marketing to schedule, lead, and
facilitate pre-show executive briefings, at least 60 days prior to
the show, to include:
- Tier 1 - EVP BD or designate & SVP SAE
- Tier 2 & 3 - Group President or designate & Group BD SVP
- Work with corporate trade show managers and appointed BD and
SAE leads, as appropriate, to facilitate technical dry runs at
least 14 days prior to trade shows to ensure polished discussions
and demonstration of Leidos capabilities at the shows, along with
consistent, accurate, and compelling messaging.
- Help reinforce deadlines in support of corporate trade show
managers and deliverables required by each show.
- Work with SAEs and Group BD SVPs to identify principal BD leads
(Show Captains) and any additional required resources to support
Tier 1 & 2 shows.
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with Leidos leadership
and internal customers to ensure all necessary resources and
activities are available to achieve a successful trade show.
- Schedule and coordinate post-show hotwash/debrief and assist in
developing trade show executive summaries.
- Collect and disseminate follow-up action items and future
business leads to SAEs and Group BD SVPs.
- Participate in Trade Show Council meetings and assist in
selection of Tier 1 and Tier 2 trade shows and tracking of Tier 3
trade shows to ensure cross-enterprise alignment with the highest
- Liaise regularly with the Corporate Communications and
Marketing team to ensure consistent messaging across markets.
- Report on trade show activities at SAE staff meetings;
communicate potential capabilities/demonstrations and transition
post-show customer requests for technical exchanges to the LIS for
follow-on engagements.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 8+ years of related
- Experience supporting a wide variety of corporate customer
marketing, trade show and business development requirements,
complexity, and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers,
colleagues, and senior executives
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability
to work across different audiences, personalities, and experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to leverage both
internal and external resources to build marketing content and
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on customer problem
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication
- Ability to assist technical and capture personnel
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of trade shows, marketing, and relevant
customer engagement best practices
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and Teams (Word, Excel,
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet
- Basic understanding of business development life cycle
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a
dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and information and make data-driven
business decisions and/or recommendations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills,
including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects
simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadline
- Self-motivated but works well in group environment
- A hands-on approach to problem solving
- Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM) or other related
certificationPay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 -
$195,750.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Business Development Trade Show Coordinator, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!