Posted on: June 17, 2022
Date Posted: 2022-06-13Category: Engineering and
SciencesSubcategory: Test EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day
JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretPotential for
Remote Work: No
Description SAIC is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer -to
join our team supporting a mission essential program in support of
DoD. We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated, fast
learner, and fully committed to the success of the program. This
position will be located in Reston, VA.
As a Software Tester you will be responsible for developing test
plans based upon system requirements (functional/non-functional),
creating test cases, performing manual/automation testing in
accordance with approved test plans, and defect tracking and
reporting. As a team member you will analyze requirements to
determine test strategy and estimated level of effort, then create,
review, and execute test cases that ensure system software performs
according to documented business requirements, business rules, and
technical specifications etc. This may also include the generation
of test data for regression test suites, creation, review,
execution, and maintenance of manual regression test suites.
Job duties will includes but are not limited:
- Working with the Product Owner, Project Manager, and
Development team on the implementation of new features and
functions of the application.
- Creating test cases for user stories based on the requirements
and acceptance criteria.
- Performing regression testing, smoke testing, API testing, UI
testing, security testing, manual testing and automation testing.
- Participating and following the Agile methodology
implementation of scrum framework.
- Testing new user stories, and new/fixed bugs within the set
- Ensuring there is a clear traceability between requirements,
user stories and defects found.
- Identifying Areas/Test cases for Automation. Creating,
Organizing, and managing Selenium Test Automation.
- Creating a comprehensive and detailed test report for each
- Supporting client with troubleshooting their testing
environment and resolving any ambiguity about test cases.
- Updating and reviewing software User Manual for each
- Updating and reviewing the software release
- Perform Release Package installation and testing in multiple
- Providing maintenance support for Linux based legacy
application, e.g. testing across application, security
- Travel to client site for support when needed.
Qualifications Education and experience:
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience; years of
experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have hands on experience with Jira, confluence, and
Zephyr; managing requirements, user stories, reported issues, and
test cases. -
- Must be able to build Selenium Automation Frameworks and write
- Must have previous experience with Selenium Test Environment
Setup, Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG and Jenkins
- Must have hands on experience with backend testing using
Swagger or API.
- Must have previous experience working with DevOps environment
with CI/CD pipelines.
- Must be able and willing to obtain an Interim Secret/
- Experience in Elastic Search.
- Experience Deploying micro-services to OpenShift.
- Knowing and understanding how MongoDB and RabbitMQ
- Hands on experience with Jenkin and GitHub.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or
boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed
when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC - is a premier
Fortune 500 - technology integrator driving our nation's technology
transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure
high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial
intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and
understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate
the best components from our own portfolio and our partner
ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions
that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an fostering a
respectful work culture based on that values all contributors.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of
approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit .
Keywords: SAIC, Reston , Test Engineer, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!