Human Capital Business Partner - Associate
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to
the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities
in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our
public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their
most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory
pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency,
and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory,
consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable,
innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and
position them for future growth and success. The company has more
than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse
is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned
professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and
emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving
national and global economies. For more information, please visit
The Human Capital Business Partner Associate serves as a
collaborative generalist within the Human Capital function. In this
role, you will be expected to provide general human resources
assistance to the Human Capital Business Partner Manager of a
Client Services Team, as well as the Client Services leadership and
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the recruiting process for the entire Client
- Serve as a lead for Client Services onboarding for new joiners
and contractors, to include all related administrative
- Manages off-boarding/exit process to include system
termination, severance/ pay documentation, asset management, and
- Monitors and engages in Workday transactions
- Collect and analyze HR metric and provide recommendations based
on findings. Support Segment level reporting needs
- Assist with the management of data changes and updates in
coordination with the Center of Excellence teams
- Supports engagement surveys and retention efforts
- Participate in and coordinate the Performance Management
process for both mid-year and year-end (Impact Assessments,
promotions, merit and bonus assignment and employee
- Supports employee training and development initiatives
- Assists with interpretations of policy and application of
policies and procedures.
- Remain current on labor compliance requirements with local and
- Acts as a coach and mentor to employees and leaders
- Work collaboratively across Human Capital functions
(compensation, benefits, recruiting, performance management,
learning and development, etc.) to ensure delivery of value-added
service to all employees that support business objectives
A key part of the role will also include functioning as a change
agent to the business, assisting in processes, process improvement
and approaches to support and enable continued evolution of the
organization to align with market conditions.
This role will report to a Human Capital Business Partner Manager -
Client Services, who provides service delivery and support to the
Client Services Segment.
Keys to success in this role include:
- Analytical and critical thinking; must be able to relate to
team leaders, some of whom are highly credentialed.
- People centric; effective; non-bureaucratic; and is marked by a
high level of energy.
- An ability to operate effectively and succeed within a
changing, fast paced matrix environment with multiple cultures and
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the
organization and proven ability to make sound recommendations.
- Communication and presentation skills with the ability to
effectively interact at all levels.
- General knowledge of some of HR functional areas to include
benefits, performance management, compensation, staffing, training,
and employee relations.
- Strong excel skills and the ability to manage large sets of
data with the ability to effectively summarize and present findings
in both written and verbal form is preferred.This position
description is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This
description is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working
conditions associated with this position.
- Bachelor's Degree is required with a preference given to
candidates with a degree in Business or Human Resources.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of Human Capital generalist
- Workday experience desired.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 dending upon experience AND
About GuidehouseGuidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status,
protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic
information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at
1-571-633-1711 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and BenefitsGuidehouse offers a comprehensive, total
rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a
flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating
a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Keywords: Guidehouse, Reston , Human Capital Business Partner - Associate, Other , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!